I follow this process

1. Create the metadata.json file

2. Hash the metadata.json file

3. Create a tinyurl for the metadata.json file

4. Re-create the registration certificate with the new metadata.json

5. Find balance & fees - without the deposit fee

6. Build, sign and send transaction
    After sending the transaction I run the next command:

cardano-cli query ledger-state --mainnet --mary-era | grep publicKey | grep $(cat stakepoolid.txt)

and I receive the following error:

MuxError MuxBearerClosed "<socket: 11> closed when reading data, waiting on next header True

And my metadata is not updated, what should I do next? What does this error mean?

Thanks

I had similar issue - but at least I could use the command line tool for query ([BUG] - DnsSubscription:Error Application Exception: MuxError MuxBearerClosed · Issue #2269 · input-output-hk/cardano-node · GitHub)
querying the tip is working? cardano-cli query tip --mainnet
also first try to save the ledger state into a file: cardano-cli query ledger-state --mainnet --mary-era > ledger_state - then open it and give me the please the first lines of the file

2 Likes
cardano-cli query ledger-state --mainnet --mary-era > ledger_state
MuxError MuxBearerClosed "<socket: 11> closed when reading data, waiting on next header True"

cardano-cli: MuxBearerClosed "<socket: 11> closed when reading data, waiting on next header True"

the file is empty…In the end it work to change the metadata file…it took more than 2-3 h …but this erros are persisting

So could you query the tip?

before it gave me the same error as above, but now I tried it again and it works without changing anything… very strange. Was just short after the epochs changed 254 to 255… for about 4-5 h.

1 Like

so consider mark one of the answers as solution to indicate to others that this topic is no longer need attention

but actually none from above is the solution :slight_smile:

yes - sorry, you are right… so lets wait for others maybe there is a good answer for this issue