Future of the Cardano Roadmap

Give people time, given that 20-21 April weekend. They people they, too, have family and they need recreation. The time will come and there will be a map,as well as Shelly. All good!

Has anyone seen this? It came out just a few hours ago…

http://newsmedax.com/2019/04/21/cardano-shelly-roadmap-reveals-exciting-updates-that-would-boost-the-price-and-adoption-of-cardano-ada/?fbclid=IwAR3ZiL1zUbPJzlLKiDIfogx87ScTg0KObCH4fToPEbFL6SXcBONlzXnv8oY

#WhenTaco

I try not to focus too much on the ‘price predictors’

Smart. I thought it was getting specific on the Shelley roadmap :sweat_smile: Charles is doing something on that soon, right?

One of the interesting aspects to consider is the type of venture that Cardano is. A Darpa style project…meaning attempting to build something that has never been done before, that will be revolutionary if completed. And so the team bites off more than they can chew, and then chews like crazy, publishing academically all the way. They have many very bright people, and caring people, who are working to build …not a new gadget that can be sold into the market, but a new style of economy that re-invents the way people can interact economically. I feel the summit was not so much a platform for announcements (What… Atala and Adisabba coin not big enough announcements for you? - ed.), but really an opportunity for the IOHK staff to get together and celebrate what has been achieved so far, and meet in person (maybe even for the first time). Some staff couldn’t even get a US visa and missed out (quick, send them a Tangem card - ed.).

The roadmap, Shelley, Goguen etc will be here soon enough. It is more about asking questions such as, is the spec right? Does the code meet the spec? Does it test to the spec? Does the spec need an update? Not many other companies or organisations ever do this type of thing. Usually, it is a rush to market to stop the competition getting there first, and then what ever they sold just ends up in the garbage bin 2 weeks after it is purchased, ready for the next round of pointless consumerism (strangely, there will probably be a rush of pointless consumerism on Goguen, when someone ports Cryptokitties to a platform that can actually run it).

100+ million Ethiopians side stepping the 20th century and going towards a new economic model is more than a roadmap for rich westerners to wonder when their tokens will moon. Capitalists need deadlines, but this project needs proofs of reliability. Proofs don’t easily work to deadlines like trash consumerism does. I am as excited as the next guy to see Shelley mint its first decentralised block, and I am getting Twitter twitches waiting for the announcement, but I know I should just keep busy with my day to day, keep my tokens safe, and plan what I might do with Marlowe. Soon enough we’ll be delegating to a pool and wondering how anyone ever did such an amazing thing such as Cardano. Then we’ll all be like: When is the voting? Where is the BTC lightning side-chain already? Soon enough.

7 Likes

Where is our road map? Is it peer reviewed?

They were talking about voting at the summit, its being worked on as we speak. Bingsheng Zheng is doing great work and presented very robustly about the capabilities of liquid democracy as well as statement voting.

The Roadmap was a sort of a tease, but honestly it might have been a test to see who actually pays attention based on the fact of what bitbox mentioned of having proof of reliability and just knowing how to look in the right place i.e. twitter. when the project is mentioned, although kinda annoying…

One thing i found odd during the summit is the regurgitated information that has been presented all over their youtube channel and website. I found the plutus contracts aspect to be a runover of the gaming contract which i have created a video here

doing just that… I wish their was a more upfront haskell tutorial stream to show how to take a impure function output and turn it into a pure function input or how to seed and generate a random number in plutus.tx

but at least we will have a Plutus book soon.

The people were amazing hands down. I love the energy that a world system brings. It was like walking around in a virtual world at certain points! I can’t wait till this thing gains the momentum it deserves.

1 Like

Nothing new there!

I’ve seen this, but when it was released we were told it would be release end Q2. In the keynote it appeared it was slipped in between we have written 40 papers and the mongolian guy who holds bitcoin story :slight_smile: that staking would now be end of 2019.

I would like to see roadmap to in the hope i have misread this and we will be staking in Q2.

1 Like

@Adrian_Woodward I also hope for satcking in Q2 but I doubt it will be ready.

@bitbox1138 you are totally right. Cardano is amazing and ground breaking and revolutionary! That’s why I’m so excited for what is next! But def don’t mean to undermine what it has done and what it means to accomplish. Never. Mostly hoping someone out there knows more than me :grimacing:

Edit: Watch this. Charles should def have his say on this thread. Respect for Charles is through the roof.

2 Likes

@IOHK_Laurie And in the mean time it is may 14th more than 3 months later

Any updates? I think it is a downgrade to have that old roadmap off, which was awesome, and to have it replaced by what is essentially an ‘under construction’ page. And it has been a long time as well. What is the ETA for the roadmap coming back?

Please look at this post. If I remember correctly, roadmap is about 2 weeks after the blog post.

or 4 weeks to be precize. Calm down ppl :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think we’re suposed to forget about looking for roadmap. We should be learning Marlowe.

I don’t think we should expect the roadmap update anytime soon. It is obviously not a priority for IOHK. That’s ok, I just wish they didn’t create all that hype with announcing the roadmap before the summit. It did sound like something big was going to be shown shortly after the summit but nothing happened (concerning core Cardano, I know there were other announcements).

According to Charles last video David Esser will be on the Cardano Effect podcast later this week to go over the new roadmap format and then it goes live soon after.

I agree it was hyped and so we respond accordingly. Try to learn Plutus while you detach from roadmap update F5 hits

Was not FUD, BTW, :taco: velocity had already been reached :joy: Safer thing to do than Lazlo Hanecz’s historic BTC pizza bender.

So I think the Cardano adoption Roadmap next has faucet on it if it mirrors BTC. But it absolutely won’t. As a spin off… What will be/what are the adoption stories with ADA?

Well … Atala/Mongolia and other big news from people making the amazing happen on the daily at IOHK/Emurgo.

More news as well today with Kenji Tamura’s acceptance of ADA at his restaurants in Japan.

And ______

:taurus::ox::cow: