Generative Art & NFT

Generative Art is a process of algorithmically generating new ideas, forms, shapes, colors, or patterns. First, you create rules that provide boundaries for the creation process. Then a computer follows those rules to produce new works on your behalf.

In contrast to traditional artists who may spend days or even months exploring one idea, generative code artists use computers to generate thousands of ideas in milliseconds.

Generative artists leverage modern processing power to invent new aesthetics – instructing programs to run within a set of artistic constraints, and guiding the process to the desired result.

Generative art NFTs:
The appreciation of the blockchain and the ownership of art layered on top of a cryptocurrency token has taken off this year. It’s a movement in its infancy but is appreciated by these “new age digital artists” who seek to own a 1 of 1 piece of art, albeit part of a collection of similarly produced items.

Tyler Hobbs is a well-recognized artist, known for his Fidenza collection. Each piece of the collection has a unique set of drivers, or seed variables, that determine the randomness, chaos, color palette, width, and density of the art. The beauty of NFTs is they capture the value of not just the art, but also the value of the community that supports and enjoys it.

As a purely digital medium, generative art has enabled a new surface area for artists to experiment with artistic expression and engage collectors.

My basic concern is!!

Do you think Generative Art is better than Traditional Art? And How it will affect the life of a Traditional Artist? Also, is there a way you see Generative Art linked to the Identity.

2 Likes

I believe generative art is a new form of expression, just like traditional art already is. I don’t think it’s necessarily better, but it represents the migration that our current world is having to a digital one. You could say it’s a reflection of the times, and I don’t think that it has to affect the lives of traditional artists per se. Instead, it could open up spaces for new artists to come up in the generative art area. I had heard of a way to link generative to identity through this project called PhotoChromic PhotoChromic - Your identity as an NFT

They allow users to tokenize their identity in the form of an NFT in order for people to take back control on what information is shared of their in Web3. These NFTs could be already existing ones, or they can be created with generate art right on the spot. Since generative art is created by computers, then it ensures that each piece is unique to each user.

Here’s a link to their whitepaper if you’re interested:

Check out this Cnft. Gentophile.art Mahdi Bordo the artist.