George Lovegrove - Platform Statement

Do you have, at least 6 months, or more experience in Project Catalyst?
Over a years experience, participating since fund 3

Describe the Community Roles in which you have participated at Project Catalyst (e.g. Voter, Proposer, PA, vPA, Challenge Team, etc.)
I have participated in Catalyst since fund 3. I have performed every role mentioned above which includes being a voter, proposer, PA, vPA and challenge team member.

What key ideas or issues would you like to champion as a representative at the Catalyst Circle?
In order of importance I would likely mostly be spending time supporting any communication and community feedback efforts towards any changes and suggestions towards funding categorisation, contributor funding models and proposal standards.

• Funding categorisation - I wrote the analysis and documentation about funding categorisation - Overview - Funding Categorisation Analysis. This led to the suggestion of funding categories which can be found here - Overview - Catalyst Funding Categories. For fund 11 communication has already started with IOG on how these suggested changes could be implemented based upon the outcome of this work.
  • Contributor funding model - There is a large amount of work to turn Catalyst into a world class governance solution for the Cardano treasury. A contributor funding model is one solution that can help us get there. Analysis has been finished to help highlight the benefits of adopting a contributor funding model - https://docs.catalystcontributors.org/contributor-analysis.
  • Proposal standards - Analysis is needed to effectively determine what makes a good proposal and what data structures should be used. This is an area I intend to be working on over the coming months which would coincide with being a Catalyst Circle member if I was elected.

How do you intend to measure your engagement?
For communication with the community that will happen in either Telegram, Discord, Twitter or after town halls. After town halls are recorded and would be uploaded online, feedback from other channels can be aggregated into a document whenever it is necessary to share with the circle. For my own work everything I do is open source, available and can be tracked in a public repository - PACE: Project Catalyst Projects · GitHub. Work I have completed is regularly shared through Twitter, Telegram, Discord and occasionally on the Cardano forum.

Is there anything else you would like voters to know as to why you would be a good fit for this seat on the Circle?
Funding categorisation is a foundational part of the funding process. Funding categorisations determine what incentives exist that the community are able to respond to through the submission of proposals. A large number of issues with the challenge setting process has now been well documented and IOG has expressed their intentions for those issues to be resolved. In fund 11 we can consider making changes to how funding categorisation is approached. In that event it will be vital to make well informed decisions on what those changes should be and provide justifications towards why they are being made. As part of any work around this topic there will be a need for communication of the suggested changes and responding to community feedback on how to best structure and execute any of these changes. As I have lead the analysis and documentation behind the funding categorisation work I am well suited to communicate with the community and IOG around the topic, respond to feedback and any criticisms and also support the efforts towards the execution of any changes.

3 Likes