gLiveView displaying my BP node as "relay", not "core"

Hi everyone,
I’m in the process of building a stakepool (testnet) and have both my relay and BP node synced and comunicating with each other. I have also just moved the node.cert file from my cold enviroment to my BP node, and generated the vrf.skey, and vrf.vkey. I have also updated the starting script and restarted the BP node. As mentioned in the topic title, live view is displaying my BP node as a “relay” where i am under the impression at this point it should be displaying “core”.

Note: I am following the coincashew guide as well as following Black bear crypto’s guide on walking thru building it using the coincashew guide.

Additionally live view for my BP node is displaying incoming 0 and outgoing 1 under connections and my relay is displaying incoming as 6 and outgoing as 15. (If this is relevent.)

Anybody have any ideas as to why it might still be displaying relay and not core? (what does liveview use to determine if its core vs relay)?

Am I ok to continue building the pool for now, or is it required to have my BP node seen by the network as a core node to continue?

Thank you very much for your help in advance :slight_smile:

can u share the glive output? Also be sure that the core files are available to the path used inside the start script

Cheers,

1 Like

Hopefully what you asked for, thanks for taking a look :slight_smile:

Solved! Super silly mistake on my part. I had only edited the global variable definition, did not include the use of said variable in the start script. thanks for your help, you were spot on.

1 Like