Haskell-Plutus / Cardano class in Timisoara, Romania

As I said some time ago here, I want to bring to the universities in my city - Timisoara - Romania, a class for the study of blockchain technology, specializing in the language Haskell-Plutus.

Today I went to a first discussion with the management department of the Polytechnic University of Timisoara - https://www.upt.ro/, to see if this would be possible.

Timisoara is a university city with tradition, it is the 3rd largest city in Romania located in the west of the country, with a highly developed IT industry based mainly on automotive industry.

We talked about Cardano and the blockchain industry as a whole, and we found interest and openness on the part of the university to provide the necessary infrastructure for what we need.

They showed me that they have a similar collaboration with CISCO which financed such a laboratory for students within UPT and that they are interested in principle in any collaboration that would bring value to the university. Precisely because blockhain and distributed ledger technology is a hot topic, their interest is great.

Following the discussion, some questions were born that I have to answer with the help of the community, the Cardano Foundation and the IOHK.

Who comes to teach students Haskell-Plutus / blockchain courses?
For a Haskell-Plutus class, is there a teaching methodology?
What are the technical requirements for equipping such a laboratory within the university?
How many hours a week would be needed and how long would such a program last?
Following the course, will the students receive a diploma accrediting the course?
What employment prospects will students have after graduating from these courses?
Who is this course for?
What is the target industry?
What is the financing method? Through decentralized funds or directly from the Cardano Foundation and the IOHK, or something combined?
Will the collaboration be limited only to the education part or can it go further towards promotion and lobbying within the partnerships that the university already has with the global companies that operate in Timisoara?

The discussion ended on a very optimistic note. It remained for me to prepare more materials about Cardano, IOHK and the Cardano Foundation and to come as soon as possible with the answer to the above questions.

Steps have been taken so far on my own. So my personal questions are:
Does IOHK and the Cardano Foundation want to get involved in such a program?
There is someone in the community to help me make these things possible.

I am waiting for your opinions, ideas and help as soon as possible.

Thanks

3 Likes

Flagged for mod attention, hopefully they can put you in touch with the right person/people.

1 Like