How to burn a native token

how can i burn a native token that i created ? what do i need to do ?

thanks

If your policy allows it, you just do a negative mint of the desired amount (which has to be in one of the inputs of the burning transaction):
https://developers.cardano.org/docs/native-tokens/minting#burning-token

thanks @HeptaSean on another subject do you know why when i try to send nfts from a wallet it shows this message Maximum value size of 5000 exceeded. Found: 5491 only 3 nfts where selected

I have never seen that error anywhere from anyone before. :thinking:

There is a maximum transaction size and if you have lots of NFTs on very few UTxOs, it can happen that that becomes a problem. It also makes transactions very expensive.

And that can also be a problem if you only select three NFTs to be sent elsewhere, because there may be lots of NFTs that stay in your wallet, but have to be moved to a change output by the transaction, anyway.

thanks,there is over 250 nfts in the wallet , think thats realy the issue

You can try to send the NFTs one by one or first send them one by one to your own wallet (to separate them from the others) and then all three together to the destination. Costs transaction fees, though.

If you are using Eternl as wallet app, there is a token fragmentation setting to make it try to keep the tokens per output below a set value (default: 20).

If you have enough ADA, you can even set it to 1. That will make all transactions as small as possible, but will lock a lot of ADA (since tokens have to be accompanied by ADA). I have done that, but I am also not an NFT collector.

@HeptaSean Do you know if is there a difference between token with 0 or 6 decimals ?

like if i want 500,000,000 token and I mint these exact amount, later when i do the metadata and use 0 decimals will stay the same value if u use 6 decimal will go to 500,so if i want 500m with a 6 decimals i need to mint 500t right . But there is any difference?

Sound mostly right.

The decimals do not allow to split up tokens after the fact, but are just a presentation thing.

If you specify 3 decimals for an example EXA token, waller apps will display 3.141 EXA, but the transactions on the blockchain themselves will not know about it. There, you will transfer 3141 EXA token.

And you have to have minted counting these smallest units of your token. If you want to have 1000.000 EXA with decimals, you have to specify to mint 1000000 EXA without decimals in the mint transaction.

All wallet apps, blockchain explorers, … have to do the conversion, when displaying it. Some do not do that, but most do.

@HeptaSean Hey how are u , got a question on minting a fungible token i want the logo in mp4 and the mp3 audio to appear but only the slogan and vision description is showing
im using this metadata when minting the token

{
  "721": 
  {
    "d4ae3ee0e5eced2d59ad90bb27822702b570f457702b220c9477a73a": 
    {
      "SOLARIS": 
      {
        "attributes":
        {
        "image": "ipfs://QmPXg7YUb8HN98Vp61RSvPRyyhXbuvCsyfHvCqqUBUMHAM",
        "mediaType": "image/png",
        "Slogan": "SPACE THE ULTIMATE FRONTIER!",
        "Vision": "THE FUTURE OF LIFE IS DIGITAL, AND IT'S ON SOLARIS",
        "files": [
          {
            "mediaType": "video/webm",
            "name": "SOLARIS",
            "src": "ipfs://QmZ3WnrzivACd9A3jQ3q5nreUSFySRziHAzgCW8nVywTxE"
          },
          {
            "mediaType": "audio/mp3",
            "name": "SOLARIS Tune",
            "src": "ipfs://QmR2bTkLYwQESVy2AS9dcyssbXumkYxWpZzBZQNM9sMBVG"
          }
        ]
      }
    }
   },
  "version": "1.0"
},
"20":
{
   "d4ae3ee0e5eced2d59ad90bb27822702b570f457702b220c9477a73a":
    {
      "534F4C41524953": 
      {

"ticker": "SOLARIS",
         "desc": "TOKEN OF THE SOLARIS PROJECT",
         "icon": "ipfs://QmPXg7YUb8HN98Vp61RSvPRyyhXbuvCsyfHvCqqUBUMHAM",
         "icon-16":"ipfs://QmPXg7YUb8HN98Vp61RSvPRyyhXbuvCsyfHvCqqUBUMHAM",
         "logo": "ipfs://QmPXg7YUb8HN98Vp61RSvPRyyhXbuvCsyfHvCqqUBUMHAM",	
         "decimals": 6,
      }
      }
   }
}

There is no array "attributes" in CIP 25: https://github.com/cardano-foundation/CIPs/tree/master/CIP-0025#structure

If I put

{
  "721": {
    "d4ae3ee0e5eced2d59ad90bb27822702b570f457702b220c9477a73a": {
      "SOLARIS": {
        "image": "ipfs://QmPXg7YUb8HN98Vp61RSvPRyyhXbuvCsyfHvCqqUBUMHAM",
        "mediaType": "image/png",
        "Slogan": "SPACE THE ULTIMATE FRONTIER!",
        "Vision": "THE FUTURE OF LIFE IS DIGITAL, AND IT'S ON SOLARIS",
        "files": [
          {
            "mediaType": "video/webm",
            "name": "SOLARIS",
            "src": "ipfs://QmZ3WnrzivACd9A3jQ3q5nreUSFySRziHAzgCW8nVywTxE"
          },
          {
            "mediaType": "audio/mp3",
            "name": "SOLARIS Tune",
            "src": "ipfs://QmR2bTkLYwQESVy2AS9dcyssbXumkYxWpZzBZQNM9sMBVG"
          }
        ]
      }
    },
  }
}

into https://pool.pm/test/metadata, it mostly works. The MP3 does not play, but it also does not play in my browser if I get it directly from ipfs://QmR2bTkLYwQESVy2AS9dcyssbXumkYxWpZzBZQNM9sMBVG.

Observe that CIP 25 is meant for NFTs, not for fungible tokens. A lot of projects use it for them, anyway, but the wallet app of the author of CIP 25 – Nami – and a few others will put your token into the “Collectibles” category, not into the “Assets” category. “You have defined NFT metadata, you obviously wanted to create an NFT. :man_shrugging:”

The metadata label "20" is not specified in Cardano at all and I think all wallet apps will just ignore it.

The official way to register metadata for fungible tokens is the Cardano Token Registry, up to now: https://developers.cardano.org/docs/native-tokens/cardano-token-registry/

Thank You ! @HeptaSean thats what i was going for !

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this “20” metadata label is used by some wallets, so this tokens are shown “correctly” - meaning, not like other nft’s. And I’m 100% sure Nami is using either this “20” or some other metadata to show native token like asset instead of collectible. I don’t remember the token name now, but I have seen this in Nami wallet, when I was checking mint results for one of the projects I’m working with buddy of mine.

Ehh - I think it was Pavia token, but I’ve just checked and SundaeSwap is using “20” metadata label too - so when someone has them around they can check.

@HeptaSean hey how are u , im trying to use this script GitHub - armada-alliance/cardano-minter-collection but when gets to the transaction part is giving a error

i have installed * cardano-node / cardano-cli set up on local machine

• Node.js installed version 14
  • cardano-cli-js package installed
    can u help , im usisng visual studio