How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

Thanks for the tips!

Is there other settings I need to change if I am using a DNS server instead of an IP? I’ve made changes to my pool because I am on a home IP address and now the relay and BP aren’t seeing each other.

no, should not be, only modify the topology file for Producer and topology updater for Relay
and restart the nodes.

also try from Producer
telnet DNS-RELAY PORT-Relay

from Relay
telnet DNS-PRODUCER PORT-Producer

should see connected

yeah so I’ve updated the topology and topology updater and restarted my nodes

when I check with telnet it says “telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out”

but when I check my ports on portchecktool.com both of my ports are returning successfully

hmm but if u ping the DNS name of each nodes, do u have a reply?
the dns can be solved?

also if u try the above telnet commands with IP instead DNS it’s saying connected?

so when i ping the IP or DNS it fails with 100% packet loss but when I try my local ip 192.168… it works

im using no-ip for the dns which syncs through my modem/router, i check with dns lookup and i see my public IP

so when i test the dns on my modem utilities (ping/tracert) it’s working and resolving properly but when i try on cmd on my computer it fails

what is the ticker?

you must see like this

H:>nslookup 161.97.108.250
Server: sagemcom
Address: 192.168.1.1

Name: chrty.contaboserver.net
Address: 161.97.108.250

I checked from my laptop and I can’t telnet on chrty.contaboserver.net 6000 but I can on 161.97.108.250 6000

The ticker is cbcp

So it turns out my isp blocks ICMP, I’ve setup xxamp and forwarded port 80 to my computer and tested the ddns and it loads the page remotely so I know the port forwarding is working and on noip support said there’s no errors in the log on their end so the ddns is also working

Can I use an local ip on the block producer to connect to the relay?

If the producer and the relay are connected to the same private network yes, you can connect them using the private IPs

https://pool.vet/#CBCP

You must register with the dns or public IP, not with the private IP

Awesome thank you, I’ve updated the files with the local ip and modified the pool with the public dns

When it finishes I noticed there is a line that says INFO: please verify that all owner/reward wallets are delegated to the pool, if not do so!

I have 2 owners wallets selected when registering but when I check the wallets, one says delegated to the pool and the other doesn’t have that same line, What do I have to do to delegate that wallet to the pool?

The wallets were both imported?

This wallet needs to be delegated to ur pool from daedalus/yoroi or from cntools

Then delegate also the 2nd wallet to ur pool from cntools

sorry, I’m just an idiot and didn’t realize that the delegate was in the funds’ section not the wallet

thanks again for all your help ,really appreciate it for getting me up and running

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! Will definitely come in handy as a newbie!

I’ve been getting GHCUP: Command not found when building from the prereqs.sh. Any idea what might be happening?

Try these commands
!!! re-type “ from keyboard… the forum changes the format

ghcup install cabal 3.2.0.0
ghcup set cabal 3.2.0.0
check the version
cabal - -version. (U should see 3.2.0.0)
Now stop the node and rebuild
sudo systemctl stop cnode
cd ~/git
cd cardano-node

git fetch --tags --all
git checkout 1.27.0

echo -e “package cardano-crypto-praos\n flags: -external-libsodium-vrf” > cabal.project.local

$CNODE_HOME/scripts/cabal-build-all.sh -o

It still says GHCUP: Command not found when I run the ghcup install cabal command

What OS version?

Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS