How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

Decided to rebuild the VM its now syncing approx 1 epoch per min much better. !

Byron era is much faster than shelley era :wink:
It will take more days I believe… anyway for testnet the sync process should be faster than mainnet

1 Like

1.35.2. Is that the version I should be using?

The latest is 1.35.3-testnetonly, now:
https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-node/tags

1 Like

Same issue.

On the new VM the Testnet sync got to 95% and stuck there.

Now getting these errors on restarting the node , any ideas please ?

Aug 3 16:43:38 node1vlv systemd[1]: Started Cardano Node - Block Performance.
Aug 3 16:43:38 node1vlv cnode-tu-blockperf[3520623]: ERROR: In config file please set “TraceChainSyncClient”:“true”
Aug 3 16:43:38 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode-tu-blockperf.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 3 16:43:38 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode-tu-blockperf.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Aug 3 16:43:58 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode-tu-blockperf.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 4639.

go to config file and set it to true and restart the node… and u started topology updater already?

No Where is the config file ?

No where is the topology updater ?

Whats the order of events ???
Do I nano into the topology.json then run ./topologyupdater.sh as I notice everytime I start the node it resets topolgy.json ?

config file is inside files folder

Whats the order of events ???
Do I nano into the topology.json then run ./topologyupdater.sh as I notice everytime I start the node it resets topolgy.json ?

Restarted after editing config.json

Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv cnode[8657]: ERROR: Failed to load common env file
Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv cnode[8657]: Please verify set values in ‘User Variables’ section in env file or log an issue on GitHub
Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode-tu-push.timer: Succeeded.
Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node - Wake Topology Updater node aline push service once an hour.
Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode-tu-restart.timer: Succeeded.
Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node - Wake Topology Updater restart service at set interval.
Aug 3 17:09:22 node1vlv systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node - Block Performance

keeps repeating this in logs

Aug 3 17:11:25 node1vlv systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node - Block Performance

run ./deploy-as-systemd and choose N for topology Updater, add inside topology file the iohk servers then restart the node and check with journalctl -e -f -u cnode

ok all done heres the results

Aug 03 17:13:00 node1vlv systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node.
Aug 03 17:13:00 node1vlv systemd[1]: Started Cardano Node.
Aug 03 17:13:00 node1vlv cnode[9720]: Could not find TraceChainDb when attempting to parse /opt/cardano/cnode/files/config.json file in JSON format, please double-check the syntax of your config, or simply download it from guild-operators repository!
Aug 03 17:13:00 node1vlv cnode[9720]: Could not find TraceChainDb when attempting to parse /opt/cardano/cnode/files/config.json file in JSON format, please double-check the syntax of your config, or simply download it from guild-operators repository!
Aug 03 17:13:00 node1vlv cnode[9720]: ERROR: Failed to load common env file
Aug 03 17:13:00 node1vlv cnode[9720]: Please verify set values in ‘User Variables’ section in env file or log an issue on GitHub
Aug 03 17:13:00 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 03 17:13:00 node1vlv systemd[1]: cnode.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

do u have this line inside configuration file?

"TraceChainDb": true,

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cardano-community/guild-operators/master/files/config-testnet.json

u can replace the config file with above one (keep the same name for file)

Yes its there already

Why is this so hard I thought it was set it and forget it, not change config live as you go along, if this a problem with Cardano, CNtools, the scripts the servers some clashing where exactly ?

Super frustrated thanks for trying to help.

Which version installed?
I set a new node 2 days ago for mainnet and everything was… fast and no issues… but I used 1.34.1

Hi its Testnet version 1.33 I followed the instructions above.

Should I convert to 1.34.1 ? How ?

In the above guide it says “git checkout 1.33.0”
What do we change this to “git checkout 1.34.1” ?

Maybe change the guide too ?

yes, thats also what is stated in the guide, use the current version…
the version in the guide is just an example, as the testnet and the mainnet might differ in versions, also you might want a specific version for some reason.

i suppose it might be possible to do a
git checkout latest

which could be written in the guide… but again then it would only work correctly for limited case and people that are unfamiliar with it wouldn’t know how to use the parameters for getting a specific version.

so yeah long story short, yes you are correct, and no the guide doesn’t really need to be changed.
you should be able to update without losing the sync you have already done.

Since testnet already did the Vasil hardfork, no version below 1.35.0 will work there. (The other way round, mainnet should not run any version newer than 1.34.1, since they are still discovering bugs on testnet.)

1.35.0 through 1.35.2 all had bugs discovered through the testnet run.

Latest for testnet is now 1.35.3-testnetonly. You can always the see the latest tagged versions at: https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-node/tags

(You probably should only run testnet at the moment if you are able and willing to help in Vasil problems. Seems to be a little chaotic.)

Since they haven’t done a binary release, you will have to install from source: https://developers.cardano.org/docs/get-started/installing-cardano-node/
(Replace the git checkout … step – the one for cardano-node, not the ones for the dependencies – with git checkout 1.35.3-testnetonly.)