I bought my ADA on Bittrexx; why do I need Daedulus Wallet?

Its implementation is on the roadmap. Soon will be available hopefully

1 Like

On transaction fees, they are very, very cheap. POS is so cheap to run. This is why IOHK put so much effort into proving its security. Fun fact, the fees were set to the highest estimate (done by the math guys) for the bootstrap era. We will have a better fee number after more modeling.

1 Like

oi_jeremy, I am trying to buy Cardano for 6 days now. I want to buy from USD to bitcoin to ADA but I could not see how to that. I tried to buy Bitcoin but I was unsuccessful. Could you help me out giving me some direction? Coinbase does not accept me because I am in Denmark, and I could not buy bitcoin on Bittrex. I do not know what to do. I am serious about this.

As long as you get the bitcoin, you can flip it to Ada. I think (but do not endorse, never used it) coinswap has Ada and you don’t need an account. Perhaps there is a local bitcoin meetup you can go and learn more? I am not sure what exchange are in Denmark.

But the basic thing is you need to find a place to swap fiat for bitcoins or Ada. Find an exchange that takes deposits or visit a bitcoin meetup.

1 Like

The only thing I was able to find here was Localbitcoin, but it is not safe. I would like to exchange my fiat for bitcoin fast but safely and it has been 6 days now since I started. I live in a rural area in Denmark and it is difficult to find meetups around. I will try that anyway. Thank you.

You could work for Ada :slight_smile: That is how many of the early bitcoiners did it.

Wish I could be more helpful.

I would love to work for Ada. :grin:

What can you do? Anything web-based?

I actually could. I have messed around with Elm and I am a PhD Student (Philosophy), so public speaking and talking. writing about technology is something I would love to do. I also have a friend, we work quite well together, and she is a great programmer: Haskell, Idris, etc. We speak Portuguese, and we could do something for Brazil and Portugal too. Well, all of this to say that I would love to do something for ADA.

3 Likes

This sounds pretty promising. I’m going to Lisbon next month. But we could use skills like yours. We need blogs and tech explanations and education is important

Great! I would be truly glad to help.

Do you have an idea for the first post or do you want me to give you one?

You could start donation based. Post it with your Ada address.

1 Like

I uploaded my resume to IOHK.IO website today. What appears as a great team! Let’s talk io_jeremy. I really like Charles Hoskinson in many aspects, but ultimately I can tell he has a sound philosophical education that goes back to the Greeks. I hear snippets of it in many of his talks. A core focus on strong ethics and principles.

3 Likes

Hi,
In the youtube about the Daedulus wallet, they have mentioned that it is a test version not a real product and warn for losing money. Is that still valid? Or can we use the wallet to store a big amount of ADA? Or should we wait for the real product (Daedulus wallet) as mentioned?

Hi Justice0320,
In the youtube about the Daedulus wallet, they have mentioned that it is a test version not a real product and warn for losing money. Is that still valid? Or can we use the wallet to store a big amount of ADA? Or should we wait for the real product (Daedulus wallet) as mentioned?
Thanks

@io_jeremy May be the best person to answer this as an official voice on the forum.

As far as I was aware the current wallet is safe and people are using it as their main storage of ADA.
I know I am.

Daedulus is the beautiful wallet i ever saw, and the transaction fee is cheap. Not forget the signal of, low, medium, and high transaction time with a manageable address. I think it is also high security and safe.

1 Like

thanks @Justice0320
@Hassanein_Altememy I think they were talking about the certificate redemption for the pre-sale holders. We were paranoid they would think they were on the real network and throw away their certs :slight_smile:

Great, Jeremy! Thank you for your encouragement. I will brainstorm ideas for posts. And sure, we can always discuss more ideas later on. :slightly_smiling_face:

[update: I could not answer sooner. I run out of “replies” for the day because I am new. So, I am thinking about many things to contribute to Cardano project. Thank you for being so helpful]

The former Mt. Gox exchange ‘lost’ their clients cryptocurrency.
The safest way to store your Ada is on a hardware wallet.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency_wallet#Hardware_wallet
Hardware wallets for Ada will be available soon.
See: Comparison of Ada wallets and exchanges