IMPORTANT! PLEASE HELP - Stop a sent transaction ... Twitter scam

I’ve possibly have fallen for a scam when it was advertised on twitter to send ADA for more ADAs in return. I send it to DdzFFzCqrhsotE6zZgTBkzJZf1JZsnimFotn8YMYFVEvGLr5ju5wnm2comYG41At2yYdmVj5WZxqpJmqFxZcRZnhFc1V4N1o7ih24AwL

Transaction ID: f40518c9d2acba813a2b337d7b5558fea3b27d87f9aad5dc8dba0e4427d81491

How do I stop it. Its currently in “Transaction Pending”

Please help

I don’t know how you can stop a transaction once it starts. I think they are irreversible unless they fail. Personally I have never seen Transaction Pending very long on a wallet to wallet transaction, like maybe 45 seconds to a minute for Cardano. The longest has been up to 3 minutes with an exchange. Hopefully the transaction fails is it has said “Transaction Pending” long enough for you to write a post. But if I gave my cash to a shady guy in a dark alley, I am not likely to get it back.

This is a scam - Cardano Support -

Look at the accounts that report getting their Cardano:

Notice anything?

4 Transactions

I’m so sorry this happened to you @SorinV3

Thank you. Certainly learned the hard way. Still not sure what I was thinking, how I can be so vulnerable and irrational to lose 1000 ADAs. I hope my stupidity can be a teachable exercise for everyone.

1 Like

Thank you. Certainly learned the hard way. Still not sure what I was thinking, how I can be so vulnerable and irrational to lose 1000 ADAs. I hope my stupidity can be a teachable exercise for everyone.

Thank you Chainomatic for your 10 ADAs donation. Truly appreciated it.

SorinV3,
By asking for donations out of generosity or feeling sorry for you, now you are looking like the scammer. Don’t ask for other people to pay for your mistakes. I would be surprised if the owners of this forum let your post stand.

~Rick

1 Like

Rick, you are spot on, I asked for his twitter handle to verify him a little bit before I sent any Ada to him.

Still, what does that tell me?

Due diligence & karma fellow Ada’ers

1 Like

Will correct and remove the verbiage. I apologize.

2 Likes

Hi @SorinV3 very sorry to see this. We have already reported the fake account.

Please be careful out there!

If you could also report the fake account, we would be very grateful:

https://help.twitter.com/forms/impersonation

1 Like

The fake account is now suspended.

2 Likes