Installing GHC BuildFailed failed in dir "/tmp/ghcup-lepMMM"

Hello community,

I’m in the process of setting up my third relay node and I’m having an error I never encountered before. I’m following the coincashew guide, in the very first step to install Cabal and dependencies. I’m running this command and having this error:

curl --proto '=https' --tlsv1.2 -sSf https://get-ghcup.haskell.org | sh

log of the error:

Debug: Identified Platform as: PlatformResult {_platform = Linux Ubuntu, _distroVersion = Just (General (Version {_vEpoch = Nothing, _vChunks = (Digits 20 >
Debug: Requested to install GHC with Version {_vEpoch = Nothing, _vChunks = (Digits 8 : | [ ] ) : | [Digits 10 : | [ ],Digits 4 : | [ ]], _vMeta = [ ], _vRel = [ ]}
Info: verifying digest of: ghc-8.10.4-x86_64-fedora27-linux.tar.xz
Info: Unpacking: ghc-8.10.4-x86_64-fedora27-linux.tar.xz to /tmp/ghcup-lepMMM
Info: Installing GHC (this may take a while)
Error: BuildFailed failed in dir “/tmp/ghcup-lepMMM”: NonZeroExit 1 “./configure” [“–prefix=/home/cardano/.ghcup/ghc/8.10.4”]
Check the logs at “/home/cardano/.ghcup/logs” and the build directory “/tmp/ghcup-lepMMM” for more clues.
Make sure to clean up “/tmp/ghcup-lepMMM” afterwards.

Screenshot of the error:

Screenshot of having all dependencies installed

Thanks in advance.

Hi! So what is the content of that file?
Also - if you have working relays - you dont need to build the binaries everytime you want to setup a node - just use the cardano-node and cardano-cli from the working relays…

Hi laplasz,
Thank you for your response. The content of log file is the one I quoted in the beginning.
I know I don’t have to build the binaries every time, but is a process I like doing because I learn a little bit more every time I do it. Like right now if this error :laughing:

1 Like

So, still have this issue?

I think I found the root cause, the VPS had 5gb of disk space instead of the intended 160gb. So the error was failing to unpack GHC due to lack of space :neutral_face:

1 Like