Interested in Translating Cardano Content?

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

a quick index to all “translation” topics in this forum
https://forum.cardano.org/search?q=translation

2 Likes

Sweet ! Sub tree by language ?

1 Like

So once we have translated where do we post it?

4 Likes

Maybe we can use your post as overview to prevent double work.
Translated texts can be linked directly to a flag behind the link.

Like This: Preventing Sybil Attacks :de:

9 Likes

German translation of ‘Whiteboard video with Charles Hoskinson’: Zusammenfassung: Überblick mit Charles Hoskinson 🇩🇪

5 Likes

+1 on that. Better than language tree.

1 Like

Anyone working on Dutch translations already?

1 Like

@Andy_Hendrikx you know about someone?

1 Like

Hi Maki,

Is it possible to include a Language button in forum content? That should speed up translation and realise if there is already some work on it.

Cheers,

2 Likes

I am nevertheless sceptical that “raw” community translations should remain as the only available option for disseminating all these materials. Despite the strong reactions they sometimes provoke in me, I somehow believe in editors … how ironic

1 Like

neat idea only languages don’t particularly neatly symmetrically correlate with countries. additionally some countries have multitudes of different languages. so perhaps there isn’t a panacea. closest i think is the i18n format with country/language initial as a code. for example, gb-en (great britain/english), us-es (united states/spanish), ke-sw (kenya/swahili) etc

1 Like

I started adding Dutch Subtitles to the Whiteboard session with Charles. But it takes a whole lot of time and have to rewind all the time and listen again. Not sure if it’s worth all the effort, since most Dutch people understand English very well.

Guess it’s easier to translate papers or blog posts. I’ll look into one of those.

6 Likes

Check-out my GitHub with https://github.com/im-on-github/CardanoPortuguese. Updates with translated IOHK blog posts.

6 Likes

Oh wow, this is great!

2 Likes

i agree that there needs to be some organised way where content which matters most which i also believe people would be most interested and excited to translate would be the best approach.

there are also countries where folks speak native languages as well as english, like your dutch example, i’m in a similar situation where most people who speak swahili, a good proportion of them speak english. so i find myself not prioritising that.

i’m working on some simplified crypto video text/illustration explanations, aligning translations with those as i believe those will have the most impact.

3 Likes

nice stuff :slight_smile: :clap:

1 Like

This is where I will add FR translations:

4 Likes

I can translate in french, i am born in france, brought up by english parents.
I speak and write both languages fluently.
I will do my best :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think there should be a central place to upload the content (Hello Cardano Foundation!!!). I can do some translation but right now I don’t know where I should check if someone else has translated it already and I don’t know where I should upload it so that others will find it. I don’t think that just adding it as a post to this forum makes any sense.

A table would be great with the different papers/videos/… on one axis and the available languages on the other.

4 Likes