Interesting Video on governments buying Bitcoin

6 Likes

Sketchy stuff going down. If China controls 80% of the hashpower of btc and they’re buddy buddy with Russia…

There’s little doubt that we are witnessing the fall of the American empire.

Personally I feel obligated to warn and inform people about what’s happening. How far away is the Yellow Vest movement from erupting in North America? How can we make the same powerful statement without the violence?

1 Like

No offense but this notion that somehow America will fall is a bit far fetched.

Very far… far away. US isn’t France. I have lived in both so I know what I am talking about.

Let’s leave it at that.

5 Likes

Minute 11

3.3 million viewers

2 Likes

How will this

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Be resolved?

I’m genuinely interested in your answer.

2 Likes

Awesome website! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

One day U.S. has to face this debts number. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Debt has been used as a boogie man for as long as I remember myself. If we ever have to hit a wall, we can use either of these two ways:

1. Inflation
  2. Restructuring

None of those is fatal to the economy or the might of the US. I’d rather we just selectively default on Chinese-held US debt :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Good for crypto.
  2. Could be crytpo.
2 Likes

That I don’t dispute. Any loss of confidence in current financial system could be good for crypto.

But I wouldn’t necessarily jump from that to the downfall of US. America could lead the innovation in crypto for all I know. Totalitarian countries aren’t just built for that ethos.

Ya… right now the debt number in every country is just a number that people don’t need to live with. People don’t feel anything about its change.

But looking back the history, a currency does fail due to too much debts, and an empire will fall (look at British empire). So guess the thing won’t happen in America yet, but maybe in another 50 years. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Time to collaborate Yellow Vest with Ada??? :nerd_face::smirk::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Join The Evolution my friend.

circle

5 Likes

The obvious play on centralization would be a coordinated ban on btc and crypto by the world governments…then what?

There would be governments who would not join the ban. I think there are too many powerful people now interested and invested in crypto.

I personally don’t see this global ban coming. Just the opposite. Countries will feel they have to open up and have friendly crypto regulations otherwise they are out of business.

Future is bright mate.

1 Like

It’s too late for that. I’m more of the position that governments are going to try a Houdini act and use crypto to escape the dept crisis.

1 Like

I see it as one of the escape paths to restore sanity and confidence in the government.

One scenario is for the US to create its own network with citizens having direct power over monetary policy choices, through liquid democracy.

Going through that transition, they could wipe the debts clean and start from scratch. It will be ugly, messy and hard for many people, but it could lead to a more responsible, transparent way of governance.

If anything, the US would create its own crypto which is reliant on specific, government availability only hardware, premine the debt value or more, and be out of debt in an instant. The value of the coin would go up under controlled inflation and the coin would be accepted everywhere the dollar is. All other cryptos would fall by the wayside.