Interview - Cardano NFTs #063: Art of Woman

Original Placement:

Today’s Cardano NFT project features the work of Victor Hugo, an artist that is behind popular projects like Danketsu and Omen: Art of Woman.

The previous guest was an OG project in the Cardano ecosystem, with its $PUDGY token and “Pudgy C(at)NFT” collection.

This column is where I invite artists and NFT projects to share their stories and vision as a way to connect with and learn about the Cardano Community.

Hey, glad to have you here. Please introduce yourself, where are you from, what is your background?

Hello everyone! It’s a pleasure to be here. My name is Victor Hugo, but you may know me as VictorWarrr, my codename back from my Call of Duty gaming days. I’m 23 years old and currently, I’m the illustration leader in a project called Danketsu and in Omen. Additionally, I’m also an artist for Art of Woman. It’s great to share my experiences with you all today.

I have been working with art for about 8 years now (started at the age of 15), more professionally, training, studying, and taking commissions. However, this is not my field of study when it comes to college, as I studied law until the eighth semester, but it was something that never made me happy, and I stopped.I wanted to focus more on my art, and honestly, it was the best decision of my life. Today, I work and do what I love.

What is Art of Woman? And why have you chosen Cardano for your art?

Art of Woman, was a project created initially just for me to promote and reuse some art pieces that I did in the past and which I really liked.

But with time I felt that I was starting to reach new levels and that I’d like to try to grow and make it my job. At that moment I talked privately to several whales in the bull market and promoted my work more.

I chose Cardano sincerely because when I started I felt that there weren’t many NFT artists on the chain, only a few collections of 10k, but not many 1/1 art pieces, so I decided to take advantage of this gap in the Cardano space.

How are NFTs changing the game for artists? And what do you think can be done about the skepticism towards NFTs?

I feel that NFTs can change everything, because you can reach new audiences without necessarily being a well-known artist who has art in galleries etc., you can just sell your art, and be happy and have supporters with it.

This is a huge privilege for both parties, we can sell art and make others have part of our journey as an artist and with that we have the financial and psychological support, because when you see that someone is willing to pay for a work that you do with a theme that you choose freely, the way you want it, it does feel really good, it’s really freedom.

That’s the word for NFTs and art for me, Freedom.

Where do you envision yourself in the coming years?

I honestly imagine myself still working with NFTs and maybe doing some freelance work for companies like Riot Games and Blizzard because they are my big career goals, but I would never stop working with NFTs for a job like that, because it’s practically impossible to feel more fulfilled than I already do hahah.

Today I just want to focus on improving my art, style and creating incredible things with the projects I’m currently working on.

Awesome. Any closing words? Where can people find you?

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who supports me in my day-to-day life by participating in the mints I make or just by liking and RTing my posts, you are incredible and I am immensely grateful to have this incredible community around me.

People can find me on Twitter: @Warrr9A and @ArtofwomanCNFT

Portfolio: Kreate.Art/@ArtofWoman

Discord: VictorWarrr

Disclaimer: The opinions and views of the people interviewed are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Cardano Foundation or IOG. Moreover, this content is for educational purposes, it doesn’t constitute financial advice.