IOHK Moving to USA, Wyoming

Wow, IOHK moving to USA. Welcome to Wyoming folks.

4 Likes

WHY ???

1 Like

Ill let the team answer that one. One thing is certain, companies dont move for no reason. I beleive in IOHK, and their team are wise in relocating to USA.

Is it now IOWY?

3 Likes

Probably because Charles lives in Colorado already and Wyoming is pretty close and similar climate, so why not (plus Colorado is kinda crowded now, everybody wants to live there). But the most likely reason is that Wyoming is extra super friendly to blockchain companies. They really want them to come do business there, so my guess is that the state probably has some pretty good tax incentives and other goodies set aside for companies like IOHK.

2 Likes

Great move. Lower rent, lower real estate prices, probably tax benefits too. They couldn’t have made a better choice. Screw Colorado.

2 Likes

Maybe because of this —> Crypto Doesn’t Get Much Wilder And Wester Than Wyoming

5 Likes

I think this is the interview in which he mentioned it could be wrong… but still thought it was worth a share!

2 Likes

I feel like this is too big of news for Charles not to have released some written statement. Or did I miss it?

I’m not really sure I like this move, but I guess time will tell.

1 Like

I agree, and certainly do not want to spread inaccurate info. I think that brings up a great point. I did not get a response from the team on that message either way which is odd, but it is Holiday here in USA.

The answer is at 14:10 into the video. Follow the link from my post as it brings you to the question. Clear as day, “we are a US company, moving to Wyoming”.

1 Like

Maybe IOHK are waiting to finalize plans, just in case it doesn’t happen… then Charles might issue a statement about it?

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/wyoming-aims-to-be-america-s-cryptocurrency-capital

4 Likes

Well played, great find.
@Risus76

2 Likes

feel rili excited about this!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

nah… it’s because of trump

part of the making america great again thing… trumps big on bringing american business back to america by reducing the cost of doing business locally thereby reducing the motive and financial incentives from offshoring

Yes, there are preferences for such companies.