Is necessary to hold 505 ADA in your wallet for paying fees for run a cardano-node by your own?

I m mean is quite expensive, a big fees for entry and then the power comsumption and the other things for running an optimal node

500ADA will be deposited when you register your pool. If you decide at some point to retire your pool you will get the 500ADA back. So it’s not a fee but a deposit.

To register a pool you will need those 500ADA + a few more for the transaction fees to register the pool…

You may want to have a look at …

2 Likes

Thanks for answer, now I m searching how I can get money for 500 ADA

Please also consider you’ll need a great amount of delegation (1mil+ ADA) to have a good chance of producing a block.

Regarding power consumption, this is not like proof of work, you can run a node on a Raspberry Pi 4.

to just run a cardano-node? Nope, not necessary to hold ADA at all

I mean for generating some revenues, who want running a full node with support without getting some rewards for his activity

There’s not gonna be any rewards till you get a decent amount of delegation to the pool.

I recently started exploring about Cardando and manage to setup a pool in tentnet to see how it all works, and having difficulty in testing out if the node can produce blocks without delegation.

Only option I see so far is to keep requesting tADA from the Cardano Faucet which has a daily limit of 1000tADA while I see alot of pools saturated by huge margin.

I’ve also noticed many pools that have been running for more than a year still not producing blocks since not having enough stake.

These pools you are talking about maybe doesn t have a propper administration and a secure base and that’s the problem that cause doesn’t allow them to produce blocks

From my knowledge that process of the selection of the future pools who could integrate their blocks on blockchain is totally randomly promoting decentralization and give a chance for new pools in this race

And the conclusion of your test is…?

No, on the one hand it’s predictably random. All pools can compute at the beginning of an epoch if they are scheduled to produce a block.

On the other hand and much more important: The chance of producing a block scales with the delegated stake. That’s why the blockchain technology of Cardano is called “proof of stake”.

That’s what makes the blockchain secure. Otherwise, the bad guys could just fire up hundreds of pools, get over 50% and validate fraudulent transactions or do other bad things.