Learn Haskell in three weeks experiment

I recommend also this free course special for beginners.

Haskell Beginner crash course:
https://typeclasses.com/beginner-crash-course

2 Likes

Day 9/21
I’m still struggling but I’m moving forward

1 Like

Day 10/21

take that :slight_smile:

int i = if i < 10 then i+1 else i -1

int is just a function name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How is the progress?
I need updates!!!

1 Like

Haskell progress is satisfactorily so far, but my brain stopped working due to Bitcoin switch-backing action.
I’m evolved with some ADA also and that’s now my focus. When the market is calm as “usual” again I will continue learning. Anyway, for me is no mater how the actual price is going to be because I think that cardano blockchain programming ability will make me rich! :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for an inspirational read on your experience. I started learning Haskell as my first functional language three days ago, because my dream is to one day build something usefull on Cardano.

Im following this course for now Starting Out - Learn You a Haskell for Great Good! and I will definately be checking out some of the resources you recommend in this thread along the way.

1 Like

Hi Peter,
I’m in love with this one: :grinning:

2 Likes

“If you rush to master Haskell, you’ll be in for an awful time. If, however, you take the time to explore, to be a beginner again, you’ll find it endlessly rewarding.”

*Will Kurt
*the author of GET PROGRAMMING WITH HASKELL

2 Likes

also a quick and dirty but very good Haskell in one hour:

1 Like

Day 11/21
Insisting on learning I discovered that Haskell is not difficult at all, but it scares beginners with a bizarre but simple syntax as well.
So the key is to insist at the basics and absorb these conventions from the syntax and then you’ll discover a nice and simple programming language.

1 Like

Day 11/21

So, here we are :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Well deserved!

1 Like

Day 12/21

Just in time:
Lars Brünjes has just announced to open Plutus Pioneer Program: second cohort

With actual Haskell knowledge under my belt i think I’m quite “dangerous” for now :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

Haskell’s learning goes on in parallel …

3 Likes

Congratulations @Bees_Project

1 Like

Thanks David! :blush:

This book is legit, thank you for this

1 Like

Hi, I just started this course too. I am taking it with Graham Hutton’s book alongside. Let’s maintain communication while we learn together.

Please note that the post you are answering to is almost a year old.

So how’s going now?

How is it going?