Legal Framework that Goes With My Catalyst Nomination for Those Interested in Governance

No, I meant a requirements analysis what kind of statute/code is needed.

Ehh, well this is Catalyst so any sort of statute/code is needed. Can’t really keep just doing mob rule.

I do not understand at all, why you take a military code as blueprint and not something from the civilian sector.

I took military code because it is broad and can be played with in an easier manner than civilian code. I am also used to working with it. If we want, we can take legal code from the civilian sector where standards of proof are much higher, and we can just argue all day about the most minute details, but standards of evidence are typically lower with military law and are probably more practical in this evolving ecosystem.

And I do not see how that wall of text above makes anything more clear. Interesting in the context of Catalyst would be: Who judges? What are the possible punishments? …

Yeah idk who judges and idk possible punishments. I would rather have community consensus on how that stuff should be carried out. Yet I get very little back from this community usually. In terms of making things clearer, from a legal perspective it does because you have a defined charge. If you have no set standard language for a charge you can’t identify a crime. You can only say you subjectively feel like something is wrong.

Everything that seems to be answered by your proposed article could, as far as I can see, be simply stated by: “The Circle can punish people if they do not follow the Circle’s guidelines. Period.”

Yes this is true. This power is very broad. It can be whittled down if needed but this gives power to Circle to essentially set parameters and enforce them. It also gives the community power to put a check on Circle though if they do not follow their own rules. Right now, circle is an empty organization without really the power to do anything. It is simply a way for the community to communicate with IOG and nothing more.