Dear Prospective Representative for the Catalyst Circle version 4,
First off, thank you for your interest in participating in the Catalyst Circle. As we enter our fourth iteration, we continue the pursuit of bringing true value to the Cardano Community by working together, sharing various community perspectives, and identifying necessary practices and procedures for governance.
Second, whether you are new to Cardano, a long time participant, or somewhere in between, we encourage you to get informed on what has happened to date. For further details on the origins of the Catalyst Circle you can check out this blog from IOHK here. You may also wish to deep dive into recent Circle meetings from versions one to three, which you can find here.
Third, the role of Catalyst Circle is always changing; From being a human sensor array to exploring innovative ways for community governance to becoming a decision-making body, the Catalyst Circle’s ultimate success depends on those who are involved. Interested individuals should have strong support within the Cardano Community and have a solid understanding of its foundations and objectives.
While engaging at Catalyst Circle version 4, the elected representatives will serve during a 6 months time period at their elected seat. During this time, the representatives will explore and establish communications and coordinations to their represented groups as well as to other representatives and their groups.
The Circle exists to fulfill the following goals:
- Facilitate communication, coordination and collaboration between the various Cardano communities that are represented, and to the extent possible those communities that are not represented.
- Interact and Coordinate different Sub-Circles so that the circle is responsive to the whole community and can build on the strengths of different communities .
- Communicate if, and when, there is a violation of the community code of conduct
- Suggest improvements on plans and processes that shape Project Catalyst.
- Define the election process for any following Circle & sub circle representatives and/or participants
Each member of the Circle should:
- Be well connected across one or more communities within the Cardano or Catalyst space.
- Represent the interests of the communities you come from and be able to provide your community’s perspective rather than a personal opinion. .
- Exercise logic and reasons when rendering judgments about matters that come before the Circle
- Familiarize other members with the projects, activities, aims, hopes, and concerns of your communities
- As appropriate, introduce proposals into the Circle’s agenda that directly respond to or provide a solution for one of the Circle’s commonly identified problems
- Inform your communities about initiatives of the Circle by supporting large and small community events, such as Twitter Spaces, Hangouts, etc…
In addition, the following criteria outline the minimum criteria that must be met by interested individuals in order to be eligible to be a Circle representative:
- Regularly attend the 2 hour Catalyst Circle meeting every two weeks and to the extent possible, participate in the bi-weekly working group meetings to address specific issues.
- Work with your community, sub circle, and other Circle reps to maintain an agile backlog list to track issues between meetings
- Provide input and comment on Circle agenda issues ahead of time
- Maintain awareness of the interests and concerns of your communities
- Disseminate the Circle’s outputs transparently and accessibly
- Learn and practice effective meeting procedures
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the Circle
Minimum 6 months of experience with Project Catalyst and knowledge about its purpose, how it operates, key roles and its activities
Ideascale account opening or other ways to provide evidence on experience"
An active participant in the community
Have voted on proposals in Catalyst
Ability to work with people and communicate professionally in both written and verbal modes of interaction
A well-connected and recognized community member, able to act and represent your community’s needs, problems, ideas, and visions
Patient, experienced in communication and coordination, and familiar with social media channels and co-working tools (familiarity with Zoom, Telegram, Discord, Google Docs and Sheets)
Flexible for meeting times to coordinate with people around the globe
Nice to have
- Solid presence on Catalyst Community Discord
At the same time, there are specific activities that a Catalyst Circle representative must NOT do particularly as they risk or threaten the success of the Circle, any of its representatives, or the communities they represent.
To better understand the behaviours which are deemed both appropriate and inappropriate, the Community through CCv3 has begun developing a Code of Conduct for Circle Representatives. While this document is still underdevelopment, and likely will be finalized under the tenure of CCv4, it is important that all Circle representatives understand and conform to this code.
You can find the most recent version of the Code of Conduct here.
Interested to join the Circle and to explore and be a part of future governance at the Catalyst ecosystem ?
Submit your nomination and engage your community to support you at the Catalyst Circle election.