Minimum pledge to mint

What’s the minimum pledge a stake pool operator needs to make in order to meet the requirements to mint blocks?

Here’s what I have when I create my pool.cert

cardano-cli stake-pool registration-certificate
–cold-verification-key-file $HOME/cold-keys/node.vkey
–vrf-verification-key-file vrf.vkey
–pool-pledge 100000000
–pool-cost 345000000
–pool-margin 0
–pool-reward-account-verification-key-file stake.vkey
–pool-owner-stake-verification-key-file stake.vkey
–mainnet
## relay node info
–metadata-url ##myurlinfo
–metadata-hash $(cat poolMetaDataHash.txt)
–out-file pool.cert

I’m assuming the pledge amount here is too low?

for the moment the pledge is not so important… pledge = delegate (but it’s the owner delegation)
to have more chances to mint/vlidate blocks u will need a high stake (the total amount of ADA delegated to the pool by owner and delegators)

and you will need ~1M ADA stake to have a chance for 1block/epoch (the average)
not saying if you have less you don’t have chances to validate blocks… you will have but not so often…

Cheers,

Here is a thread that explores the economics of running a pool vs. just delegate

Alex, thanks again for your reply. I was thinking more about what you were suggesting, and I figured I’d just paste what I see on ADA pools, please see below…

PoolData

If I’ve pledged 500 here and have active stake of 16, i understand that is very low, but why would i see the red exclamation for pledge status?

i appreciate any color here, if i have to increase my pledge to a threshold i will certainly do so, i just can’t find any documentation on why my pledge value is red and the notice says i dont meet the minimum pledge.

If u pledged 500 ADA then u should have at least 500ADA in the wallet used for pledge

Check your stake pool’s wallet balance, maybe it isn’t to enough to cover the pledge.