Why does my pool show a missing pledge?

I setup a new stake pool with both a relay and a block producer, both show FX’s going up and everything seems to be going fine.

On Pooltool it shows that the pledge is not met though: Cardano PoolTool - The most comprehensive staking statistics for Cardano on the web.

I’m not sure I understand why, I did pay a 500 ADA “deposit” when registering the pool that I see on the blockchain. Does it come online on the next epoch only?

1 Like

The 500 ADA is just a deposit, you will need to pledge your decided amount on top of that.

Hello,

When u register a pool u need to pay 500ADA, but u will reveive them back when u will retire the pool.

Thanks for the answers,

Then I’m not sure how to pledge exactly? I remember generating the certificate with the --pool-pledge parameter (or something like that), but that is just a “promise” then?

Do I just need to submit a transaction to a specific address?

U need to send another 500 ada to your wallet address

Why 500 ADA specifically? On the PoolTool page I see 50 ADA (and I used --pool-pledge 50000000). And I do have around 400 ADA on my address… maybe I have the wrong address?

I understood wrong… I thought u want to set the pledge to 500 , sorry
What is ur ticker?

My ticker is pimp

On adapools I don’t see any wallet associated to the pook

Oh that must be it, then, how to associate the address I generated on the pool with the pool? Maybe I missed a step along the way…

I don’t know what guide did u followed

I used Guide: How to build a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew

And also a bit of operators guild

Did u created ur payment.vkey?

Build a payment address for the payment key payment.vkey which will delegate to the stake address, stake.vkey

did u performed this step?

cardano-cli address build
–payment-verification-key-file payment.vkey
–stake-verification-key-file stake.vkey
–out-file payment.addr
–mainnet

Do u have the pyment.addr ?

cat payment.addr

Check the balance

cardano-cli query utxo
–address $(cat payment.addr)
–allegra-era
–mainnet

So I redid this step again and yeah it showed that my address was already registered but it was also empty, I transfered about 50 ADA to it and now it seems to have the pledge valited on : Cardano PoolTool - The most comprehensive staking statistics for Cardano on the web.

I think what happened is I created adresses using one of the guild scripts and maybe mixed one of the addresses when transferring.

Thanks!

1 Like

so you have only transfered 50 ada and waited.?.

Hi @Alexd1985 ,
I have the similar issue. When I reregistered pool it shows me missing pledge sign. We have the pool owners available.
What I did is I re registered pool with few ADA without paying 500 ADA deposit.

Tell me the ticker

It’s gone now. apologies for querying too fast.

2 Likes

I’m also having this condition. I have the s/v key files for both payment and stake, have addr files for both, have funded my payment.addr with more than the pledge, did the 500 ADA part, is this a delay in adapools.org or similar displaying it? Did I misunderstand where to deposit the pledge? or perhaps miss a step?

The ticker?