MissingVKeyWitnessesUTXOW when setting up stake pool with Hardware Wallet

Hello dear community,

I’m trying to setup my stake pool that is fully linked to my Ledger Nano S. I would like to have a single owner and single operator that are pointing to the same HW Wallet (both for staking and payment addresses).

Reading around various guides online I gathered all the steps in this guide I wrote:

I would kindly ask some help because I followed all these steps twice and I always get to this issue, in the last command, when the stake pool registration transaction is submitted on mainnet.

Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraAlonzo (ApplyTxError [UtxowFailure (WrappedShelleyEraFailure (MissingVKeyWitnessesUTXOW (WitHashes (fromList [KeyHash "f99b373eb1cc7997f778a53b936...."]))))])

I can’t understand what is missing :frowning:

Thanks and have a nice day

You have 2 options… (pool wallet should not be a ledger one…)
Coincashew guide step 18.14

or via adalite

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

I’m basically following what the adalite article is saying, but I’m using fully the cardano-hw-cli to perform what the adalite GUI would do.

Perhaps there are some issues in my guide when witnessing the transaction and I’m missing something? :confused:

You have all the steps inside coincashew guide…did u followed?

Yes I was following this one 18. Operational and Maintenance Tips - CoinCashew, together with cardano-hw-cli/poolRegistration.md at develop · vacuumlabs/cardano-hw-cli · GitHub

In particular the coincashew one uses a mix of HW wallet and non-HW. It also mentions 2nd pool owner but it’s just me. I think the vacuumlabs guide is the one that I’m trying to implement

I told you, I believe u will need 2 wallets… the main wallet should not be a HW wallet

• create one cli/imported wallet for pool transactions and a 2nd one HW wallet for pledge

Cheers,

Hi, I actually managed to figure out what the issue is and the stake pool was successfully registered!

I updated the guide: DevStakePool/stakepool_hw_wallet.md at main · DevStakePool/DevStakePool · GitHub

Basically I forgot to witness the transaction with the stake address hwkey (previously I was only using the pool hwkey and the payment hwkey.