Noob Question: Block Producing/Relay Node Setup

Hello all,

I am attempting to setup a Cardano stake pool node to I can retrieve some ADA I had sent from a previous endeavor in setting up a node in early Fall. I am following the CoinCashew guide.

I thought I had everything set up correctly, but it appears by BP node is showing as a relay: "Cardano Node - (Relay - Mainnet). What am I doing wrong here?

In addition, when I start the ./gLiveView, I get this error. “\e[31mFailed to query protocol-parameters from node, not yet fully started?\e[0m”.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Hi,

I guess you should sync first.

Best,
Johann

Right, so my relay node appears to be syncing…my BP node however appears to not be syncing (no peers, status has been on “starting” for 10 minutes).

edit: Typos

Hi,

check if your directory folder db is increasing with the command line
du -h

Best,
Johann

What do you mean by this?

If the db folder is increasing in size, then your node is syncing.

1 Like

@Johann_ADAholycs this is so nice, you guys really help out, im also preparing and it gives me the confidence that there are people out there that can help people out with explanations, patience and experience. hats off to you sir :slight_smile:

1 Like

I appreciate your kind words very much!

Yes thank you for your assistance. Im going to try the CNtools route real quick. Currently I am just trying to get some ADA keys I have stored in the “pool-keys” files from the last node I attempted to set up. Well see if this presents an easier time for what I am trying to do.