Please help with checking my Stakepool configuration

Thank you for your assistance - it is much appreciated

Thank you so much for the delegation. It is much appreciated but please don’t feel that you need to do this as you must focus on your own pool first. We will of course return the favor to you one day.

Please refer to Tweet

Just to update anyone following this thread - finally got allocated a slot and minted the block successfully confirming that the configuration for my BP and relays was all good. Just a huge run of really crap luck - I calculated the odds of this as being less than 1 in 2500.

2 Likes

Short answer is no, because a pool is identified by pool certified which is signed owner account and reward account stake keys. If those keys are for mainnet, then the pool certificate will not work for testnet.

Long answer is that, if you just want to your pool configuration on testnet, then, yes, you can do so by

• use testnet accounts as owner and reward
  • submit transactions with proper network magic number for testnet

It should work. I do this regularly with help of scripts.

Finally! Ive been monitoring this thread and I’m glad you have got confirmation of the pool setup after all this time.

Congrats mate

1 Like

Thanks - yes that is the relief to know that the pool is set up and configured right. I didn’t want to promote for new delegators towards the end there just in case something was wrong. Now on with the challenge of trying to get delegators :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem, 300-400k stake but no block for 20 epoch, are your case only because of bad luck?

Yes - I am somewhat confused at the whole process. Have you checked all the configuration issues with your pool and are absolutely sure that it is set up right because if it is then this is very strange as well? I have always had around 250K to 350K and minted 26 Blocks with reasonable regularity but now I have gone 40 Epochs with only 1 block which is against all the odds. gLiveView says I have an ideal of 0.25 which means around 1 in 4 Epochs - I understand Maths and statistics and I know what that means. If I genuinely have a 1 in 4 chance of being selected each Epoch then it would even out over time and right now it is not evening out - the ouroboros protocol either seems inconsistent or it is treating small pools very unfairly. The thing is I am fine if I only get one slot selection in 4 if it averages out to that in a year but right now it is going nowhere close to that. IOG say just get more delegation but that is hardly addressing the issue. I know the Stakepool is functioning OK as I did mint a block a few Epochs ago but why nowhere near the ideal who knows? I have spent a lot of money on investment in ADA, costs in running a pool and time in promoting and running a pool but I am not getting the rewards that I am entitled to so frustration is an understatement right now.

Some developer had mentioned about it, the small pool below 1m stake have a lesser chance to produce the blocks. 300K active stake won’t have 30% of chance to produce a block per epoch, that is so weird that don’t match the ouroboros protocol

1 Like