Please Share Your Grafana Dashboards For Cardano-Node

@LuckySlam check @Alexd1985 's suggestion above :point_up:

Not sure if the source dropdown shows the change, but your data source must be most definitely prometheus and not Prometheus.

Thank guys you hints helped me to find the issue.

While updating to 1.25.1, i also updated mainet-config.json file…i forgot to reconfigure the hasPrometheus

“hasEKG”: 12788,
“hasPrometheus”: [
“private_IP”,
12798
],

All panels works fine :slight_smile:

Hi nimrod that’s a nice dashboard. just finished setting it up looks and work perfectly. Thanks for sharing. Since node metrics changed, how do you calculate node performance now? Original format was "
(cardano_node_metrics_Forge_forged_int{alias=“core”} / cardano_node_metrics_Forge_node_is_leader_int{alias=“core”} * 100)"

Could you please explain new metrics “cardano_node_metrics_Forge_node_not_leader_int” and “cardano_node_metrics_Forge_forge_about_to_lead_int”

Hi @Anton_R ,

The forge metrics can be left as they were. _about_to_lead and _not_leader indicate the slots you are currently “potentially” leading (aka the slot you are synced to) and the ones you have not been leader for, respectively.

If in doubt about the new metrics nomenclature, please refer to the release notes for 1.25.1

Hope this helps. All the best,

A

What I mean is that (cardano_node_metrics_Forge_node_is_leader_int) no longer available. There are (cardano_node_metrics_Forge_node_not_leader_int) and (cardano_node_metrics_Forge_forge_about_to_lead_int) instead. So my question was How do I set up Grafana guage for pool performance?
If I use the following (cardano_node_metrics_Forge_forge_about_to_lead_int{alias=“core”} / 4200) it shows me 11 % So doe it mean that my pool is at 11% chances to be a leader in the current slot ?

@Anton_R,

The forge_is_leader metric will appear in your data once you have been assigned a slot to mint into. Give me half an hour and I’ll post you some code. I’m on dinner from mobile.

@Adrem No rush, thank you in advance.

hi @Anton_R,

if you are calculating a measure of “pool performance” like in @nimrod’s dashboard, still today in 1.25.1 you can do:

(cardano_node_metrics_Forge_forged_int{alias="your bp"} / cardano_node_metrics_Forge_node_is_leader_int{alias="your bp"} * 100)

The two metrics above will only appear in your data if you have minted a block (_forged) after having being assigned a slot to do so (_node_is_leader). If your pool has yet to mint a block this Epoch, your dashboard panel should show “No Data”.

NOTE: the above is true also if you have minted a block in the epoch, but then restarted the Cardano service OR rebooted your BP server.

Just to further clarify your question above:

These two metrics are not “new”, they just indicate that for the slot in question your pool is not leader (_node_is_not_leader) and that you could be the leader of the current slot (_about_to_lead). These two appear all the time, even while you are not minting.

For the metrics that have changed in 1.25.1, please see the release notes:

Hope this helps, let me know if you require more info.

Regards,

A

PS added NOTE above

Sorry, I just saw your further doubt there. If you want to check leadership “chances” please see this:

Another explanation of how to implement @papa_carp’s script is found in Coincashew’s SPO guide, here:

Cheers,

A

@Adrem It is much clear now. Thanks a lot for your help.

hi there, would u eb able to share ur json file? im trying to setup something simple for now and am no expert in grafana :slight_smile: anything would be appreciated. I tried installing the clock plugin which is in correct plugin directory but doesnt pickup in grafana web portal

How do you guys make a live public accessible dashboard on grafana?
I have it all working for, but I cant make a live version of it, only snapshots.

Hello,

U have an option to share the link but

I will recommend to create another folder with only view rights

To allow guest u need to set the anonymous access to true

enable anonymous access

in grafana.ini adjust the following values (and delete ; from the begining of the line):

[auth.anonymous]
# enable anonymous access
enabled = true

# specify organization name that should be used for unauthenticated users
org_name = YOUR_ORG_NAME_HERE

# specify role for unauthenticated users
org_role = SOME_USER_NAME_HERE # e.g. Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about Prometheus/Grafana: Attached is the dashboard I created to monitor my staking pool (click on the picture to see the full image!)

As you will see, the “Chain Density” chart at the bottom-right has no data: I can’t figure out how to get the data. I am trying to tap into the variable " cardano_node_metrics_density_real " but for all three computers there is no data coming out of Prometheus for that metric. Does anyone have an idea as to whether there is a setting in config.json or elsewhere that I need to configure in order to obtain the chain density?

I would also be happy to hear from anyone what other Cardano or Node_Exporter metrics are truly useful to monitor (and to set alerts on).

Finally, I have a question/comment to anyone who has used the +RTS -N4 -RTS setting in the cardano-node run command line, to benefit from using 4 CPUs. My feeling is that when I use that setting it actually uses more CPU power than if i don’t use it. As you see from the dashboard, my Relay 1 has four CPUs that track quick high on CPU usage. Why would that machine use so much more CPU power than Relay2, with only 2 CPUs and not using the +RTS -N4 -RTS setting.

Thanks!

For density I think u need to set true for:

“TraceChainDb”: true,
and the metrics for grafana:
cardano_node_metrics_density_real * 100

Cheers,

That’s it! Thanks!
Is there any document detailing the exact purpose of each of the fields in the config.json file? I haven’t been able to find any that explains the effect of changing any and all of those boolean fields from “true” to “false”.

My dashboard now shows the chain density of each node.

I couldn’t find anything general for parameters…

I think if you are searching for a specific parameter you will be able to find more details

Thanks to all for your input into this thread - I’ve learned so much working through it.

I’ve taken the dashboard that @nimrod provided (which was based on the one from @ada_jaws ) and adapted it to work with the Stake Pool that is created following the CoinCashew guides:
“How to build a Cardano Stake Pool” and
“How to update a Stakepool” (v1.26.1)

You can download it from HERE

Hi @USONE_SJPMurphy,

Lovely adaptation you made here for the dashboard, way to go!

Just a couple of comments/questions:

It seems your systems do not have swap setup: if that is the case (and not just a matter of the metric not being correctly picked up) you should consider adding swap space to both your relay and bp;

The remaining Kes reading shows 87 in the screenshot you attached: as far as i know kes keys are valid for a maximum of 62 periods (90 days). Again, it may be just a matter of the metric being incorrect. If not, you should look into this.

All the best,

A

Thanks for the observations @Adrem - Still adapting my skills to this environment so huge learning curve atm.

You are correct on the SWAP file - I don’t have swap set up on my server. It wasn’t enabled by default on the Ubuntu image I used and when I went to set it up (after running into issues memory issues on the servers), I started reading about vunrabilities with swap so I decided to up the RAM instead of adding SWAP and making it read only - may not have been the best decision due to the increased costs but it’s working for now. It’s definitely something I have plans to revisit and do more research.

I purposely left SWAP in there for others to use and also to remind me to look into it further :smile:

On the KES Period - thanks for pointing that out - The metric is not named correctly, it should be days and not Periods, and I had an incorrect ‘Max’ value set for the graph

I’ll update my linked file to reflect my changes

Thanks again