Pledge Reduction - How To

Hello everyone,

I would like to reduce the pledge in my pool. What are the step-by-step instructions to do so? I would like to have access to the removed/reduced ADA immediately (today).

Thanks!

Stu

if you didn’t created blocks then you can move/remove the funds any time … and send a new certificate later with the new pledge ( to solve the “pledge not met” error)

but if you created blocks then in order to not losing the rewards you will need to lower the pledge (send a new certificate with the new pledge) then wait 2 snapshots till you will can remove/move… otherwise you will lose the rewards

Cheers,

Thanks Alex! We have only minted 1 block to-date and have no stakers. So if I reduce the pledge amount and remove the funds and we happen to be selected to mint a block in the next 2 epochs, what would happen?

Also, we used the Coin Cashew guide to build our pool. I’m assuming I should use section 18.4 to reduce our pledge amount?

you will lose the rewards

Also, we used the Coin Cashew guide to build our pool. I’m assuming I should use section 18.4 to reduce our pledge amount?

Yes, step 18.4 (modify pledge, etc)

Ok thanks for confirming Alex. You are always helpful!

you’re welcome :beers:

Sorry…just wanted to be 100% clear…are you saying that if I reduce the pledge amount and remove the funds prior to waiting 2 epochs that I will lose the one block that we minted 6 months ago?

Or are you saying that we will potentially lose future mint opportunities in the next 2 epochs?

You will lose the rewards for the blocks in the next epochs.

Thanks again George and Alex!

1 Like