PlutusFest Website/Schedule Is Released

So the official schedule has been set in stone for PlutusFest. Sadly it seems it didn’t turn out to be a 3-day event like Charles originally suggested.

Nonetheless, I’ve already booked my tickets and will be flying out to attend. Looking forward to meeting some of the community in the person :+1:

https://plutusfest.io/

6 Likes

same here.
I will be there for some days, and glad to meet you.

3 Likes

I’ll be there if health allows. Might not be feasible for all we forum-dwellers to meet up, it being only one day (also some of us are aiming to meet up with others), but wouldn’t it be great if we had some way of recognising each other? :grinning:

3 Likes

Looking forward too seeing everyone there,

@RobJF i owe you a beer and an apology, so i sincerely hope your health will allow you to participate.

3 Likes

Wish I was going!

1 Like

Well you can forget the apology Tim, that’s not an issue. Unfortunately my old person problems won’t let me drink beer – well, zero alcohol is ok.

I thought of something to aid recognition, you might notice it a little above and to the left… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the location:

Edit: WRONG! See my reply to this, below. This is the Bayes Center, for the invitation-only academic stream.

4 Likes

Thanks for the map Rob.

I was a bit confused there too, but it looks like 10 and 12 December are not public events.
Cheers,
Rick

1 Like

looks like there is a chance to organize a community meetup.
Who is there on Monday or Wednesday, and interested in connecting, chatting and sharing ideas and thoughts?

1 Like

Sounds good, I could travel over either day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s an idea. This could be in addition to some of us getting together on Mon or Wed.

The lunch break is just 55 minutes, and at that time the cafes and restaurants will be at their busiest. Why don’t we buy sandwiches/whatever before going in at 10am, and stay within the venue at lunchtime to eat them and chat?

1 Like

Sorry guys, I confused the two locations. We want the Old Medical School, not the Bayes Centre.
https://www.ed.ac.uk/maps/maps?building=medical-school

2 Likes

Im young and no more ipa for me. Mind says yes, body says noooo. Here in Seattle, IPA flows from the tap.

Have fun and take pictures :camera_flash:

Cheers,

Jeff

1 Like

The first person to book accommodation through Booking.com (for Edinburgh or anywhere else) using my referral link will get a 10% discount. DM me for the link.

1 Like