'POOL_ID' and/or 'POOL_VRF_SKEY' not set, ./cncli.sh

Hoping someone can help, when running ‘./cncli.sh leaderlog’ I receive the following output:

‘POOL_ID’ and/or ‘POOL_VRF_SKEY’ not set in cncli.sh, exiting!

Am I not formatting the command properly or is there a better syntax?

Hello,

Cncli should take those infos from env file… u must run it on the producer node…

Can u show me the env output?

Cheers,

Hey Alex, tired of me yet? You have no idea how much I appreciate your assistance.

Do you want the entire contents of env or up to Do Not Modify line?

Nope, just first output… till pool name

Right on, here it is:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
#shellcheck disable=SC2034,SC2086,SC2230,SC2009,SC2206,SC2062,SC2059

######################################
# User Variables - Change as desired #
# Leave as is if unsure #
######################################

#CCLI="{HOME}/.cabal/bin/cardano-cli" # Override automatic detection of path to cardano-cli executable #CNCLI="{HOME}/.cargo/bin/cncli" # Override automatic detection of path to cncli executable (GitHub - AndrewWestberg/cncli: A community-based cardano-node CLI tool)
#CNODE_HOME="/opt/cardano/cnode" # Override default CNODE_HOME path (defaults to /opt/cardano/cnode)
CNODE_PORT=6000 # Set node port
#CONFIG="{CNODE_HOME}/files/config.json" # Override automatic detection of node config path #SOCKET="{CNODE_HOME}/sockets/node0.socket" # Override automatic detection of path to socket
#TOPOLOGY="{CNODE_HOME}/files/topology.json" # Override default topology.json path #LOG_DIR="{CNODE_HOME}/logs" # Folder where your logs will be sent to (must pre-exist)
#DB_DIR="{CNODE_HOME}/db" # Folder to store the cardano-node blockchain db #TMP_DIR="/tmp/cnode" # Folder to hold temporary files in the various scripts, each script might create additional subfolders #EKG_HOST=127.0.0.1 # Set node EKG host IP #EKG_PORT=12788 # Override automatic detection of node EKG port #PROM_HOST=127.0.0.1 # Set node Prometheus host IP #PROM_PORT=12798 # Override automatic detection of node Prometheus port #EKG_TIMEOUT=3 # Maximum time in seconds that you allow EKG request to take before aborting (node metrics) #CURL_TIMEOUT=10 # Maximum time in seconds that you allow curl file download to take before aborting (GitHub update process) #BLOCKLOG_DIR="{CNODE_HOME}/guild-db/blocklog" # Override default directory used to store block data for core node
#BLOCKLOG_TZ=“UTC” # TimeZone to use when displaying blocklog - List of tz database time zones - Wikipedia
#SHELLEY_TRANS_EPOCH=208 # Override automatic detection of shelley epoch start, e.g 208 for mainnet
#TG_BOT_TOKEN="" # Uncomment and set to enable telegramSend function. To create your own BOT-token and Chat-Id follow guide at:
#TG_CHAT_ID="" # Guild Operators Documentation
#USE_EKG=“N” # Use EKG metrics from the node instead of Promethus. Promethus metrics(default) should yield slightly better performance
#TIMEOUT_LEDGER_STATE=300 # Timeout in seconds for querying and dumping ledger-state

#WALLET_FOLDER="{CNODE_HOME}/priv/wallet" # Root folder for Wallets #POOL_FOLDER="{CNODE_HOME}/priv/pool" # Root folder for Pools
# Each wallet and pool has a friendly name and subfolder containing all related keys, certificates, …
#POOL_NAME="" # Set the pool’s name to run node as a core node (the name, NOT the ticker, ie folder name)

Exactly as I thought … ur node is not running as a producer… can u check/share the glive output?

Sure thing:

bpn-4-1-2021

Try to restart the node… it’s starting again as a producer?
It’s strange, because u have this line as default

#POOL_NAME="" # Set the pool’s name to run node as a core node (the name, NOT the ticker, ie folder name)

I restarted the node, comes online Core-Mainnet

bpn-4-1-2021-2

Ok, anyway try to modify the cncli scrypt them

nano cncli.sh ann add the pool id and vrf file… also activate both lines by deleting # from the begining…

Ok, does ‘Pool_VRF_SKEY’ = vrf.skey ?

Try to add all the path

Interesting. Mine isn’t in /priv/pool, I noticed that in another post you had with someone. I created my wallet before I started building the nodes with Yoroi and didn’t use Daedulus.

I’ll make the edits and restart the node service.

Made the edits and restarted the node service:

~ CNCLI Leaderlog started ~
Node in sync, sleeping for 60s before running leaderlogs for current epoch
Running leaderlogs for epoch 257 and adding leader slots not already in DB
Leaderlog calculation for epoch[257] completed and saving to blocklog DB
Leaderslots: 0 - Ideal slots for epoch based on active stake: 0 - Luck factor: 0%

Luck percentage updated in gLive: 0%

bpn-4-1-2021-3

I’m a little concerned. I read through your post at How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS - Staking & Delegation / Setup a Stake Pool - Cardano Forum and it’s pretty awesome, but I didn’t have to create the wallets like your documentation recommends. I created mine beforehand, and I don’t have a transactions wallet. Is this going to be a problem moving forward?

U don’t have a transaction wallet but u can have :wink: