Problem with Query Tip and Generating Operation Certificate

After setting up the core node, in the KES Periods section, it gets you to find the slot number to work out the kes period but whenever i run this command on my core:

cardano-cli shelley query tip --testnet-magic 1097911063

It returns:

cardano-cli: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 11>: does not exist (No such file or directory)

I have run both:
export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=~/relay/db/node.socket
and:
export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=~/cardano-node/relay/db/node.socket

and neither work. Also, I can work out the kes periods because the query tip works on the relay node but when I try to generate an operation certificate it returns:

cold.counter: cold.counter: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Nate,

What does this command output:

cardano-cli shelley query tip --testnet-magic 42

Also the cold counter file error not existing mean you’re not referencing the correct file path to your cold counter file

FROG

Hey Frog,

It still returns the same message in response to the first problem.

And when i try create the operation certificate. I just paste the tutorial command:

cardano-cli shelley node issue-op-cert
–kes-verification-key-file kes.vkey
–cold-signing-key-file cold.skey
–operational-certificate-issue-counter cold.counter
–kes-period 182
–out-file node.cert

and it returns:

cold.counter: cold.counter: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hi Nate,

Ok this means your node is either likely down or your CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH is not defined in scope. Please double check ~/cardano-node/relay/db/node.socket exists (you only need to export one CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH for that, and make sure to do the correct one depending on where your db socket file is located)

Also, while you added CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH to your command line, you should also add this to your .bashrc and source. Can you check your logs for details there?

Also, you will need to correctly reference the file path where created your cold keys.

I would definitely recommend taking a few hours to brush up and come up to speed on some of the basic linux commands you see in the tutorials. One should become familiar with navigating and referencing the filesystem and have a general understanding of the tutorial instructions and what each does.

Your friend, FROG

Thanks for getting back to me Frog. Yes Im going to be get familiar with commands and spend the next couple months learning it inside and out. I will have a crack at what you suggested, ta.