Quality tweets about the current state of Cardano: many good questions are raised

I don’t think you get it. There won’t be any additional languages unless we fund them through the treasury.

The separation of the CCL from the CSL were fundamental components of the intended architecture of Cardano.

2 Likes

Actually, please! would you point to me where this is mentioned ?

Please! i meant where it says there will no be no separation between CL and SL
Very curious

Charles mentions it in his AMA.
Plutus and Marlowe will be integrated into the CSL.

Without IELE and KEVM there is no CCL.

1 Like

I may be saying quite stupid stuff now! but i think that once sidechains are operational would exist the SL and CL and if sidechains are not implemented yet, so, how this could be possible anyways ? so its logical to be implemented somewhere and if we wait until sidechain are implemented we would have other problems, people would go MAD! so, strategically speaking it logical!
but you get me interested about that, thanks anyways!

Does anyone have any more info on https://elrond.com and their take on it?? There is very little on their website about the whole thing.

Truth to be told, nop
yet 2 things to say
1- 10000 TPS, thats a lot, i need some scientific stuff to prove it, also "better nash equilibrium state between security, scalability and decentralization " got me skeptical
2- The team
They may be genius people but in this space, right now, when is mostly hype + Idiots … I could perfectly check on Cardano teams members and they are actually putting their reputation collaborating in cryptocurrency sapce which make me sleep nicely

I m so skeptical about many project as i believe knowing Cardano as operate ( Formal verification, Scientific research, tons of papers etc ) its kind i expect the same from every project! and most of them is just a fancy website with fancy words to attract followers to invest, i may be wrong but it safer this way :wink:

Yeah, I can’t see much research being done on their interoperability yet… It’ll be interesting to see what Charles says about them moving forward! Definitely, something to watch out for! :eyes:

Is there anyone in the crypto space making good headway on interoperability? :thinking:

That’s not what he said. It would depend on the progress of K during 2019 and 2020 (it’s an open-source project and other companies are funding it as well, like Erlond).
So if K would still require funding and time for a further development, then Cardano community can vote if it’s still worth to keep trying to implement it.
If K would show some progress during the year, then IOHK can pick it up again.

3 Likes

Why waste time and money with K if WebAssembly could be employed instead?

I understand that timing and funding constraints have pushed IOHK to change the scope of the project in near term, however it is just bad decision making strategy to bet on a half-dead horse (K framework) when you see the one that’s closer to finish line (WEBASSEMBLY).

Forget about $ millions invested in K, it’s all a sunk cost at the moment.

I still believe that Cardano is head and shoulders above other projects but looking at competition, I can’t help but see how lack of agility could seriously undermine Cardano’s competitiveness.

There is a slew of new protocols coming online and they will give the whole crypto space a whole new set of capabilities.

Look at DFINITY, ALGORAND, AVALANCHE. These are real competitors with real scientists working in the background to take the whole crypto space to a new level.

3 Likes

That’s right, so the current status is that it is not going to be pursued. Whether we chose to fund it or whether the technology magically improves in an unknown future is irrelevant. At this stage it isn’t happening.

Based on the current progress and the time remaining until IOHKs contract concludes, I can foresee Shelley being released, followed by Plutus and Marlowe in Goguen and then a Treasury system. I don’t think there is going to be time for anything else.

2 Likes

I would add Hydra to that list but yes if they get that done by the end of 2020 I would be reasonably happy.

reasonable timeframe.

BTW here are links to Charles talking about K Framework and RINA in the last AMA 5/26/19:

Regarding K framework 1:42:40
Regarding Rina: 1:45:22

1 Like

Why is this information so difficult to find? I’m new to Cardano but this is strange that videos are the source, IMHO, source should be on official Cardano Foundation website, not a third party site.

PS thank you @matthijs.aeon

1 Like

That is a fair point regarding the difficulty of finding information. One of the consequences of having a decentralized organization to some degree as well.
Here is another good place for information:
https://cardanowiki.info/wiki/Home

1 Like

See Charles comment regarding funding

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily see this as a bad thing. I’d like a vote regarding what goes on, and that is what the treasury is there for. Once that is in place I think it’s fair to see the original specification document for creating Cardano (if such a thing exists) to make sure what was delivered matches what was promised. At that point IOHK starts to officially work for us.

1 Like