Quality tweets about the current state of Cardano: many good questions are raised

Do we know the detailed arrangements of community governance now?

Yea and it was well thought through during the first roadmap session. Expectations were reduced and the outcome is as you’ve indicated. Maybe overambitious???

Nop, Shelley is not live yet, imagine the treasury and governance by community! The truth is not predictable it’s timing as Shelley as I mentioned took so long I do believe we have to wait some years before having treasury …

Problem is if IOHK is supposed to get founding for continued development through the treasury system it needs to be somewhat a working system by the time the current contract of IOHK runs out. For me there is also some confusion on when it is that the IOHK contract is over so some clarity on that would be great as well.

1 Like

Exactly!!!

This should be done before the contract expires and if we see as things are now, I really don’t believe they could have it done by then…

I heard Charles saying that no matter if contract is over, IOHK will not stop until a treasury system is shipped :wink:
Also, at this stage, Cardano Foundation should act as the treasury system as per funds to be received

3 Likes

Agree its nice if that has been said but some form of official statement would definitively be nicer from say IOHK as a company. CF is one out of three and has some specific task (see its charter) so I think that would be a very ad-hoc way of tackling the problem. With that said I am optimistic on future of Cardano and if I have judged the Character of Charles correctly he is not going to stop before Cardano has a fully fledged system (smart contracts, pools and treasury).

1 Like

Yeah we need a contract. As soon as I say this, I’m reminded that the Foundation president is also IOHK’s chief legal counsel.

Yeah, contacts not words are needed here.

1 Like

Yes. And I for one am fine with that. In earlier posts you expressed disappointment that the scope of the Cardano project has been shrinking. I’d suggest the broader scope it started out with signified IOHK was biting off more than they could chew. Now they’re focusing resources on the hardest and most essential problems.