Questions from new SPO

Hi,

Im a new SPO and im very exsiting about my stake pool project! It’s an amalgam of, TI, Finance et Marketing…amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

I managed to register my pool, pay fees, start the nodes, delegate my stake, etc…i can see the pool on pooltool and other web sites.

But i have some questions.

1. How can i be 100% sure all is working fine ?
  2. Why this commande line never end ? : cardano-cli query ledger-state --mainnet --allegra-era | grep publicKey | grep “myool ID”
  3. Is it normal to see unreachable peers IN on relay node ? Total / Unreachable : 9 / 5
  4. Is the Processed TX is the most important metric ?
  5. Can i rotate pool’s KES keys before the expire to test ?

gLiveView

Two other questions about monitoring.

1. Is it safe to open ports for Prometheus and Grafana on firewall ?
  2. Is RTView is better then gLiveView ? It’s also a webbase monitoring tool, is it safe to open web port 80XX on a node ?

Thank you!

Luc[QcADA]

Hi,

Welcome to this amazing project!

1. Your gLive output shows that your nodes are working fine, you have tx transactions incrementing, peers, keys informations and block informations;

2. I don’t understand the question

3. Yes, that’s why I restart my relays once/12 hours to keep a dynamic topology and to connect only to reacheble peers.

4. TX confirms to you that you are part of the network and your node processing transactions

5. Yes, u can ; I didn’t find any restrictions regarding this ( I did it with 7 days before and no issue)

6. It is safe as long you will setup the fw to allow connections only from the specific sources

7. I didn’t used RTview till now; I am using grafana and glive

Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you Alexd for the quick reply.

For question #2, I tried to run this command line on block-producer node to verify if the pool ID is included in the blockchain

cardano-cli query ledger-state --mainnet --allegra-era | grep publicKey | grep $(cat stakepoolid.txt)

But i get no result…the command line freeze the node.

Merci :slight_smile:

But without grep do u have any infos?

Yes…but the process get killed.

],
“85a0503824424acda33cbd675ec611d5a34c44131782da800c750eaa”: [
Killed

Maybe a Linux security to avoid filling all the memory.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

for me the size of the ledger-state is ~600MB. Try to save the output into a file first.

cardano-cli query ledger-state --mainnet --allegra-era > ledger_state.txt

Then grep the file

grep publicKey ledger_state.txt | grep $(cat stakepoolid.txt)

Hi Lucky Slam #2: I had the same problem when executing such commands on my relay, which has 4Gb mem. My memory filled up (as can seen with HTOP running from another terminal) and the Cardano node crashes as well as the ledger-state. It looks like those VPS’s can’t handle/use swap memory, so when your memory is full, it crashes. You better run such commands on a local machine, by installing a Cardano-node on it. I have a local machine installed on Ubuntu in Windows. Works fine, also to determine your block schedule. Tip: if you decide to install a local machine, copy your Cardano config and database files from your relay. This can be done for example with the SCP command. Saves a lot of syncing time!
So running the command to your pool id, is taken nearly all memory:
But it ends and don’t worry, it’s there!

2 Likes

Thank you! I realy appriciate :slight_smile: