Re: Re-delegate to different pools

After I delegate all my ADA in Yoroi to 1 staking pool, later if I want to re-delegate my ADA to other pools, for example I re-delegate to 3 different pools, do I need to pay fixed cost of 340 ADA again for each pool I re-delegate to?
I certainly hope I don’t need to pay the fixed cost again

I hope my question is clear

Thanks

Hey @jiangh77

You may want to read about the fixed cost here :

Pool Fixed costs

This is the minimum rewards a pool will earn before rewards against blocks made by a specific pool is distributed to its delegators by the protocol. Current protocol parameters dictate a minimum of 340 ADA as a fixed minimum cost. The fee is enforced to prevent a race to 0 fee pools that are not really sustainable for protocol in future. Note that this the fixed cost from entire reward pot against all delegators delegating to pool.

If you have any futher questions feel free to ask here again :slight_smile:

Cheers
Fabian

I read this web page, base on the way the subject of Pool Fixed cost is phrased on this web page, it is basically saying that any time you delegate to stake pool it will cost 340 ADA minimum, and every time you re-delegate to a different stake pool it will cost at least 340 ADA. Am I understanding this correctly?

Note that this the fixed cost from entire reward pot against all delegators delegating to pool.

@jiangh77 - Nope

So it doesn’t matter if I delegate or re-delegate I need to pay the fixed cost for each stake pool I delegate to. If this is the case then it would be better to only delegate to 1 pool because you only need to pay fixed cost to 1 validator. I hope I understand this correctly

Thank you

Its not YOU which have to pay 340 ada per epoch, its all the delegators together.

Means if you have 100k ada in a pool with 10m active stake, you will get your rewards - your part of the fixed fee which would be 3,4 ada in this example.

I hope that makes sense for you :slight_smile:

Cheers
Fabian

Now I understand, fixed cost depends on pool size and my share of ADA in that pool, and fixed cost needs to paid to the validator for every stake pool we delegate our ADA to for running the network securely

Thank you