Recover the 15 words wallet with 14 words

Next thing would be to check for typos that lead to other words on the list. There are surprisingly many closely related words like “food”, “foot”, “good”, “hood”, …

I’m really in the process of writing a script that does all that and can compare the result either to given stake keys or look in BlockFrost if the stake key has ever been active. But spare time projects take time. Sorry!

The Catalyst key won’t help, I’m afraid. As far as I know, it is created randomly and independently of your seed and just registered with a transaction.

1 Like

thanks for your recommendations, i will try to find same structure words and check them one by one.
we will wait for your script.
yeah about the catalyst i guess tho…
thanks for your attention again.

If you are still searching, I have written a far better usable script and presented it here:

@HeptaSean Thank you for your post on GitHub and the script you developed. I am inexperienced with using Python and am having trouble getting the commands to work.

-I downloaded and installed Python.
-Downloaded PySeedRecover 1.0.1 and extracted all of the contents to one directory

I have been navigating to the file directory where PySeedRecover is located and launching cmd prompt from there. pip install PySeedRecover works no problem. However, after loading the module, none of the script commands work.

I keep getting “is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.”

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Problem is: I haven’t used Windows for 20 years. So, I can just guess.

This should not have been necessary, because …

pip installs packages from the Internet. They don’t need to be downloaded manually before that.

That’s strange. https://stackoverflow.com/a/36160069 says that normally the Python installation should add the Scripts directory to your path. Did it ask for something like that during installation?

They say that there is a script Tools\scripts\win_add2path.py in the Python directory that adds the scripts to the path. Perhaps, a new command prompt has to be started for that to take effect.

And then seedrecover should be available on the normal command prompt (or in Powershell).

I figured out that some of the install options for Python weren’t enabled. Got it to work now. Running through some code now to try and recover my seed phrase.

Thanks for developing this.

1 Like

Still not able to access my wallet.

I have my seed phrase written down. All words that I have written down are BIP39 words. I migrated from a Adalite.io to Nami wallet back in January and had only created a wallet one time. I have the other seed phrase written down on a different sheet for adalite wallet so its not the common issue of having the wrong seed/wallet pair.

When I enter the seed phrase written down, I don’t think the checksum requirement is being met because it doesn’t let me proceed to the next stage in Nami and gives me errors when trying in ccVault and Adalite.

I have tried using a combination of functions in PySeedRecover and have been unsuccessful thus far.

Rewinding for a bit - I was trying to import my Nami wallet onto a new device. Somewhere in the process, my activity on the new device wiped my wallet from existing device (had no issue transacting before). I had Chrome (including extensions) synced between both devices so I think this was the cause. I’m wondering if I could roll back my computer to a previous date if the seed phrase data would somehow still be stored or if it stored locally somewhere. I believe there is a way to extract seed phrase locally for Metamask but have not seen any guides for Cardano wallet.

Looking for any tips here.

Very sorry!

I have put all ideas that I had (typos, different order, check against given stake addresses, check against blockfrost) into PySeedRecover.

Only if your computer did a backup or check point at a point, where the wallet was there.

You would want to find the history of the Chrome profile folder: https://www.howtogeek.com/255653/how-to-find-your-chrome-profile-folder-on-windows-mac-and-linux/
If the file history is enabled: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-10/how-to-restore-previous-versions-of-files-in-windows-10/

I know no wallet app that lets you extract the seed phrase after the fact. Some let you export the secrets in some other way (Daedalus has a secrets file that can be imported to a new Daedalus instance, ccvault has a JSON export, adalite also, but I don’t know if it is compatible). Won’t help anyway, as long as that Nami instance cannot be restored.

Is there a way to write the output of seedrecover to a text file?

Just redirect the output:

seedrecover -s 1 -o word1 ... word24 > phrases.txt

Progress and information are written to stderr, so that only the stake addresses with associated seed phrases go to the file.

I can’t even begin to thank you enough for writing this script and being so helpful.

After several days, I have been able to regain access to my wallet!!! I wrote down the word “lion” instead of “iron”. I was only able to figure this out thanks to your script. I ran 24 lines of code, each one using the -m command and looking for valid seeds with a replaced word in each position. I directed all prompts to one text file using “>>”. After executing the code, I cross referenced the stake addresses and about fell out of my chair when my stake address appeared on the list with the correct seed phrase. Totally in shock at the moment.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know!

I’m very happy that it helped!

Great outcome and it’s great to see people coming together to help. Congratulations.

1 Like

hey bro thanks for your great recommendations, we tried the whole ways and we couldn’t find an easy way to look out all wallets balances; i have an idea about some API or something else like AdaLite website to check all made up wallets by the CARDANO network!
is there any way to connect that seedrecover to blockchain network and grab the balance of the wallets then sort them out in an excel or text file?
if theres a documentation to make some, please let we know about it and we will try to make one and fork this on git hub.
thanks again SIR.

ive found the API for BlockFrost

BlockFrost has limitations for requesting for wallets, is there any way to run anything free unlimited?

I see in the other thread that you already found the -b option.

1 Like

Hello mate,
I desperatly trying to work out the same issue you’ve got with your wallet, but I’m not able to understand what is the entire code I have to apply. I’m not into coding at all and the only thing I got is Python 3 installed on my PC.
Could you give show me please the entire code you used?
Thank you very much

Don’t know if @sjr34 is still here.

If you installed a Python 3 including pip, it should be as easy as:

• Install PySeedRecover with pip install pyseedrecover:
$ pip install pyseedrecover
Collecting pyseedrecover
  Using cached pyseedrecover-1.9.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (26 kB)
Collecting ecpy (from pyseedrecover)
  Using cached ECPy-1.2.5-py3-none-any.whl (43 kB)
Installing collected packages: ecpy, pyseedrecover
Successfully installed ecpy-1.2.5 pyseedrecover-1.9.0
  • Call seedrecover with the words as you think you know them:
$ seedrecover abando abendon apandon abandon abandon bandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandor abandon adres
'abando' not in wordlist!
abando => abandon
'abendon' not in wordlist!
abendon => abandon
'apandon' not in wordlist!
apandon => abandon
abandon => abandon
abandon => abandon
'bandon' not in wordlist!
bandon => abandon
abandon => abandon
abandon => abandon
abandon => abandon
abandon => abandon
abandon => abandon
abandon => abandon
'abandor' not in wordlist!
abandor => abandon
abandon => abandon
'adres' not in wordlist!
adres => address, agree, area, arrest, dress
Length not set. Using smallest length for given phrase.
0 of 15 words missing.
Seed phrases checked:          1 total,          1 fulfilled checksum
stake1u8pcjgmx7962w6hey5hhsd502araxp26kdtgagakhaqtq8squng76: abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon abandon address
Seed phrases checked:          5 total,          1 fulfilled checksum

Or try the further options given at: https://pypi.org/project/PySeedRecover/

If you have further questions, feel free to ask away. But please make sure to not give us any information about your seed phrase, not in screenshots, not in copy and paste!

Hi mate. Thank you very much for your help. I will try it out and let you know. Many many thanks again