Request for comment: Your Concerns About Community

As long as he’s using his personal twitter it’s all up to him. Unless he breaks Twitter rules, then I’m sure Twitter will ban him.

1 Like

So it does shock you to have a CEO insulting the community ?
Keep on keeping on my friend, you are on the right path.

What ever the media, a CEO insulting the community hugely hurts the price of ADA and many members left because of those public insults.

Which community are you referring to?

“To the idiots and FUDsters, I have not left IOHK or Cardano. Being an advisor for a project does not mean that I am abandoning or slowing down upon existing commitments. It is unbelievable the garbage being said on telegram and reddit. Cardano is my primary passion and work”

The above is not directed at :cardano: community.
It specifically says to the “idiots and FUDsters.”
To take offense at this tweet you would have to count yourself amongst that community.

2 Likes

You beat me to it, I was going to quote that! :smile: TG is loving it! :grin:

Ruslan’s set up a bot so anytime Endor is mentioned that tweet appears… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

As you wish

3 Likes

Bert, I am just taking this thread as a random pick. Quite a number of posts in this forum are attacks against people, and not against ideas. The tone is rather uncivilized, not a tone that I would allow in any meetings I participate at. I will not go into details here, may post one or two more comments (again, rather randomly - no ambition to “respond to all”) and we will now strictly enforce the Terms and Conditions of this forum, please also see the FAQ. Everyone still has a voice on the internet. Please everyone who wants to express their view, their grievances, their requests, if the terms of this forum does not fit, feel free to use the various other online forums (just like you and many other have in the past). Please also note that I will be respond posts here on a minute-to-minute basis, simply because it’s not practical, but also because it’s not constructive. Best wishes, — Nathan

12 Likes

Dear misteraxyz, I appreciate your request for comment. I would like to - tongue in check - state the obvious: as we can see throughout the past let’s say six months or so with the online discussions on the forum, on Twitter, and other platforms, rather clearly there are no grievances that were left un-aired :slight_smile:

Best wishes, — Nathan

10 Likes

What did I say yesterday about this guy? Oh yeah:

He misunderstands the very premise of his own argument and then attacks the party simply trying to point out his error.

3 Likes

it’s easy, some people start using it as a weapon against a specific group of people, and other people who are affiliated with them.

Also, some innocent and unrelated people just became collateral damage.

2 Likes

Great to hear that. I might be quite busy in the upcoming days, but it’s great to see such initiatives anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will not reply to certain individual(s) directly as it seems that this individual(s) do/does not want this at this point. However, would like to reply on the following statement:

‘‘And during the Parsons mission we were brought together nicely, but not anymore.’’

I have to disagree with this last part. I have the impression the community (apart from several members on the forum) is actually quite active, aware, coherent and consistent in their actions. Meetups are starting to get organized world-wide more frequently, people are showing genuine interest in learning more and people are creating VERY valuable contents across the community. The CF itself is also slowly, but steadily, waking up and trying to restructure itself (which Charles also mentions in some of his AMA’s, may take quite some time to accomplish ;)).
Furthermore, talents are being spotted/headhunted as we speak, because some contributions (Adatainment, as well as blockchain explorer devs etc.) are just amazing and deserve all the attention they can get. @richard.wild :wink:
This should disprove the above and instead, attest to a very vibrant and active community.

Emurgo and IOHK (who are also part of this community) are ramping up their work and efforts, and are clearly showing the results across all the social media platforms.

However, anyone calling people who have contributed, mostly voluntarily, to this project since day 1 as ‘The Elite’, is misinformed and definitely wearing the wrong pair of glasses.
It makes one wonder and reevaluate what a ‘‘from the grounds up grassroots’’ community actually means.(please do not read this in a denigrating tone/way, as it is not my intent)

After the ‘‘Parsons Era’’, certain people literally ‘took’ a different path, as stated in recently released statement which I signed as well. Taking a different path is fine, to some extent, and heavily depends as to how this path was taken, I might add.
It also requires them to take appropriate responsibility for their actions. It seems to me ‘‘the community’’ in general, is quite woke on what happened ‘‘PPE - Post Parsons Era’’, regarding this.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to state that I will not further comment on, or want to be involved with said factions’ leader and/or supporter(s)/members anywhere on any social media platform. Please do not reply, tag, or otherwise involve me in any (upcoming) discussions from said factions/members, whatsoever. (Better understood as the ‘‘Rick McCracken’’-method.)

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

I do, however, wish them all the best in positively contributing to the Cardano ecosystem, wherever and whatever that may be. :slight_smile:

On to better times.

Cheers!

10 Likes

Yes, I guess we shouldn’t have any concern since everything is just fine and the community is so great.

Any criticism is purely FUD, any concern is simply worrying too much, and this thread should be taken down since it’s “inappropriate”.

TBH, the above description of “the impression of the community” also works just fine in the Parson’s era.

The truth is, “a problem is never a problem until it’s a problem”.

Parson wasn’t a problem until people realized he was the problem.

4 Likes

Most of you know me on twitter as Denicio Bernier.

Viewing the post here, one thought came to mind - that is: what is exactly the goal of the community? Should we not be unified and in being so, strive the best possible outcome for Cardano and ADA?

My hope is that we all will put aside whatever hard feelings of power there may exist and start to contribute and build as ‘one team’. We do not want this to continue once Goguen has been put into place.

I hope as well that in the coming months it will become more and more clear who the honest community members are. The ones constructively contributing to the growth and marketing of Cardano.

Do not focus too much on positions. That only brings confusion. Just do what you can to contribute.

5 Likes

This is just an early draft & indicative of my understanding …

IMO we have a mission, but we are not mission critical. Take it easy.

6 Likes

Nice clear graphic. To the point.

1 Like

I’d like to make an observation. Most everyone here has good intentions. That’s my opinion.

Groups have existed throughout time successfully when bound by some sort of code of conduct. How they treated each other. What actions were destructive and which ones were constructive. This is an objectively provable method (not subjective or opinion based, feelings and the like), like “don’t murder” clearly bad. This becomes a rule not to do this, which protects the group.

You get what you put your attention on. Fighting results/produces more fighting. That’s a destructive result and wasted afford, unless that’s what you want.

Let’s get interested in what we DO AGREE ON, and go from there.

This is how a group becomes stronger, more organized and advances.

I would ask you to look at your reaction to this statement, and if combative, then look at what result you are trying to achieve.

2 Likes

I was thinking about some technical help that could help to avoid these fire-and-forget hate ping-pong conversations although it can not suppress hate speech in any way. And I have no idea if it is possible to implement in the forum software.

If we could create a limit of a maximum of e.g. five posts per day per user that would force us to think more about each post we send. I don’t think that important information will be lost this way, even a genious could pack his daily great new ideas into five posts. But it would help us to concentrate on the content of the post and maybe think twice before firing a fast answer.

I know, many of us are way over this limit right now, myself included sometimes. But would it be a problem? I don’t think so. And probably the overall quality of the contents would increase a lot.

Please tell me what you think about this idea.

4 Likes
  1. Even twitter would not limit on post.
  2. We would just get some massive posts commenting many aspects.
  3. In one day in legal dsl discussion I summarized over 5 articles. Silly to have to had that in a single post.
  4. In my opinion one side is making attacks or hate as you call it. Other side is just responding.
  5. Why are we having more and more discussions on limitations trying to limit speech instead of getting to the root of all of this.
4 Likes

Consider the following:

1. Reddit has you’re doing that too much.
  2. We have massive amounts of posts on few aspects.
  3. Concise thoughtful posts would be necessary, this is always good thing.
  4. Perhaps, but the proposition may produce intended results, lower post pollution and focus on original subject matter.
  5. Traffic laws are all about restrictions considering the capabilities of vehicles, however they produce the best results for everybody when followed.

I don’t find the concept of communication guidelines a hindrance to the function of a community forum, but actually empowering.

Right now we are all trying to drive around in a field.

3 Likes

So are they teenagers or “elites” ? Perhaps they are elite teenagers ? I think they could be adolescent, semi-deep state, Illuminati ?