Why threads are showing “Closing in 5 hours”?

If you believe you can do a better job, by all means nominate yourself for the next batch of moderators and go for it.

I believe that’s why we put many of the posts under “Random” section,

if everything under “Random” still has to be productive, constructive, having a set of goals/agenda/tasks, every post under a thread has to be super topic-focused and relevant. Shall we prepare an initial draft and let admins/moderators review and approve before we make any post?

I believe personal attacks and foul languages and spams shall be removed. But it’s just wrong to remove/modify/close people’s posts/threads based on what admins/moderators “think/feel”, even without any of explanation.

People always say Reddit is toxic, but why it’s still so popular? Probably it’s just because you can freely express your opinions.

What you consider as toxic, others might have a different perspective. If a small group of admin/moderators starts to ban ever talk they agree to be toxic, what else do we left?

This community is just a small version of the society we live in. Just imagine if any police can come to your door anytime and seize any assets you have because they FEEL it’s related to any wrongdoing activities. What would you think?

Anyway, right now there’s no protocol of doing moderating, the whole thing is untransparent, inconsistent and double standard.

Maybe just put a term-clause explaining you are giving up the freedom of speech by joining this form.

Ok let’s adress this, I can only speak for myself. I have gone out of my way to come out and provide reasoning for all my actions as a moderator. I volunteered myself and my actions up for scrutiny, because I believe that’s what a good moderator will do. If I cannot back up or defend my actions, I will certainly reverse any ruling. You will have to convince me intellectually, I do not respond to “peer pressure,” “likes,” “intimidation,” anything of that sort. I am also highly sensitive to subtext, I can deconstruct your message into a dozen layers and if you play smart with me, I will publicly expose your motivations.

In addition, I still do not get who come up with the concept of “let’s delete all the bad controversial debates and fights, so our project will look good and the forum will look like a nice place to attract newcomers”.

If you go back to Bitcointalk, you can still find Charles, Dan’s fights, even Satoshi’s words. No matter how ugly they are, those things did happen.

Wasn’t “Cannot Erase” the original spirit of the blockchain originally? We should not shape neither fake this community, we shall present the true face of this community to the world.

You can ban all watchdogs members, you can ban everyone who has different perspective and you consider as toxic. I’m sure after we leave, there will still be another bunch people doing the same things in the future. So why not found the deep root cause of the problem? Instead of just blaming peoples or topics being toxic and nonconstructive.

I know some moderators are just volunteers, you guys tried hard enough and people shouldn’t complain at your work. I still want to thank you guys for the voluntary works.

The responsibility of this whole thing should go to those people who got paid but are incompetent enough to do a good job.

I know you speak for yourself, I was expressing a situation in general.

but i am curious, what motivations do I have?

I do not believe in censorship. My goal is respectful discourse.

I didn’t say I can do a better job and I wouldn’t anyway like to “play police”.

What I said you need training to do this job properly. It’s highly underestimated if people think they can just do it from one day to another. There is deep psychology behind it …

Things should be consequent, consistent, unbiased, balanced & transparent from moderators. They are obviously not.

Let all of you please do some serious online training. That might help. Really.

Yes, I think so too. My suggestion is maybe you can try another approach next time, explain to people what you gonna do first, giving people a chance to express their opinions, then you do your evaluation and make the decision.

This approach does include and care people’s feelings.

I believe the problem is not because “people”, but it’s because the ways of doing things.

I don’t spend energy deconstructing everyone’s motives for doing everything. I don’t believe you personally have bad motives.

But simply ask yourself
What am I doing?
What do I want?
What is this really about?
Am I doing something positive here?

Ok sure, I’m not a difficult person. If this is the way you want me to do things, I’ll absolutely do it this way. That being said I will not play an explanation game with someone who’s trying to put one on me. If you and I don’t mean “you @Mihori,” I’m speaking generally try to play games with me, because these are not private conversations, they’re public and the public nature of the conversation itself can be used as a tool, I will absolutely shut it down.

I will also ignore any unreasonable flags and Ive seen a lot of those as well. Most of them directed at this group by the way. You may not know this but behind the scenes I’m moderating both sides.

I understand it’s a tough job, and will get people hated, especially under no-pay condition.

Still want to thank you for understanding and all the great contribution.

:smiley:

To me this is a lot like someone who kills a bunch of people before they commit suicide. For goodness sake if you leave just leave.

I work in a medical field with people who live on borrowed time. I’m well versed in conflict resolution, have taken plenty of training courses. I will continue to do my best.

CardaNostrADAmus is/was not a benefit to this community. He’s quick to anger and resorts to personal attacks.

I think he has been abused & insulted in the past too many times.

I don’t know his full story, but what I have seen was by far better then many vocal people have shown here. Did you listen to his videos?

Sure his language was harsh, but that’s maybe a way he tried to shout out loud, to express things he had to say. I don’t think this is how he started, the environment might have made him to go hard with language. There are lot of unfair & unjust actions happening, lot of personal insults and you just break and can’t stand to be gentle after some time …

But if you don’t get stuck on the language you could clearly see he put in a lot of effort and he had really unique creativity and strong passion.

No one can make such statements if someone is a benefit or not to the Community. Cardano is for all, for everyone and doesn’t belong to anyone. Decentralized.

If you would have been privy to our exchanges you would see for yourself how unstable he is.

Request for comment: Your Concerns About Community

We’re all friends here. Let’s just take a deep breath. No reason to perpetuate the cycle.

Especially when Charles runs his mouth on Twitter and they are removing member posts here? Mod, At least follow @Mihori suggestion.

Charles would have been banned on this forum long time ago if he had an anonymous account.

@Zenman Close. I’m more like a dynamite - can help you build railroads but don’t play with fire around me. Can’t help my brain is wired this way.