Restarted a working Relay node now it wont connect

Hi, New SPO here. Smooth sailing with everything Sync’d, connected working properly ( aside from pool ticker and name not showing up anywhere)
running journalctl -e -f -u returns these noticeable error messages…
Jul 27 15:01:34 relay systemd[1]: Stopping Cardano node service…

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: State ‘stop-sigterm’ timed out. Killing.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3345 (startRelayNode1) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3353 (cardano-node) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3354 (ghc_ticker) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3355 (cardano-node:w) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3356 (cardano-node:w) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3357 (cardano-node:w) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3358 (cardano-node:w) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3362 (cardano-node:w) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3368 (cardano-node:w) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Killing process 3354 (ghc_ticker) with signal SIGKILL.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: cardano-node.service: Failed with result ‘timeout’.

Jul 27 15:01:36 relay systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano node service.

took a few snapshots as soon as everything was synced and working, restored these snap shots and am still experiencing the same issue.

any help on would be greatly appreciated…

What is the server hardware configuration?

1 Like

Dell server running esxi, 3 cores with 12 gb ram per vm. Walked away from it for an hour and came back to a fully connected BP and relay with new peers… Quick pair of questions if you dont mind. In my current network configuration im using a load balancing router with 2 services from separate ISP’s to act as a failover for the relays. Would it make sense to have a relay for each IP or point both ips to one relay? or are both of those ridiculous ways to accomplish a WAN failover? Second, my Pool has been registered for 24hrs and has not shown ticker/name/website any where so far. would it normally take a few days?.. https://git.io/J8qaG

And 1 node per VM?

correct. 1 node per vm on the latest ubunutu server os

Would it make sense to have a relay for each IP or point both ips to one relay? or are both of those ridiculous ways to accomplish a WAN failover?

Yeah, it’s fine to use one ISP/relay (if one ISP will fail the at least 1 relay will be online)

@Second, my Pool has been registered for 24hrs and has not shown ticker/name/website any where so far. would it normally take a few days?.. https://git.io/J8qaG

Try to upload metadata/extended metadata to your domain and re-register the pool certificate

Example:

https://charity-pool.ro/metadata.json

1 Like

uploaded metadata json to the homepage last night with no success…Would i have an easier time using the github Raw link as my homepage and reregistering?