Shelley Testnet: Your weekly rollout rollup. Week One: W/E 28th June 2019

Week One: W/E 28th June 2019

First things first. Thank you!

We’ve been blown away by the positive support from the community during this first week. We always knew our community was pretty special. But the level of engagement we’ve seen – and in particular, the amount of support members are giving to fellow members – has been a thing to behold.

Special kudos goes out to our Cardano Ambassadors and the guys on the Best Practice Telegram who have been doing some great work, while giving their time to help other members set up their self nodes. Thanks to every one of you who has taken the time to download and set up the Jormungandr code. We’re off to a great start and we couldn’t have done it without you.

What’s up?

Every week, starting now, we’ll summarise the key events and achievements and where we are against the program milestones. For the very latest technical updates, remember you can follow all the commits and pull requests in the community GitHub. Meanwhile, here’s a rollup of what’s been happening:

• At the end of last week, we released the first ‘official’ build of the testnet rollout program, Jormungandr v 0.2.2
  • Shortly afterward, we followed this with v 0.2.3
  • Content – we’ve added some supporting documentation for new Linux installers, as well as some minor tweaks to our GitHub documentation to improve usability and navigation for users
  • Sam and the DevOps team are just putting the finishing touches to the scripts, so expect these to land in time for the weekend.
  • We will also be updating the testnet website with the required content and accompanying video tutorial
  • We released a snappy package for Jormungandr at https://snapcraft.io/jormungandr

Support updates

Total issues raised this week: 16

Community content

As well as getting involved on the testing side, a few of you have also been busy creating content to support the community. Each week, we’ll try to shine a light on all the great efforts out there. Please do let us know if we don’t spot you!

Please note, these community resources are shared in good faith for you to use at your own discretion. You’ll always find ‘official’ documentation and instructions within IOHK & Cardano channels.

Next week (July 1st-5th)

• We will continue to work on the scripts for the installers for the remaining operating systems (next up: Windows and macOS)
  • This will also lead to new web content updates as well
  • The development team will continue to work on fixing bugs you have identified, alongside upcoming functionality like network updates
  • The content team will be working on updates for staking scenarios and explanations about block creation. These updates will be added directly to the GitHub repository

Thanks

The Stakepool Testing team

27 Likes

ALERT!
I just learned from my computer tech, Windows 10 has a major problem. The notification went out in some form of print media and the general public is not informed.

The problem seems to be activated is you get some kind of bug or virus or was found by users when they found their computers infected.

When users tried yo reset the computer back to an earlier date to bypass the infection or bug, Windows 10 could not reset to an earlier date.

For anyone setting up their node via Windows 10 you will not be able to reset as described above. MSFT is working on a couple workarounds.

My tech only found this out by speaking to top level MSFT tech support. Lower support techs may not be as aware as we might like.

Keep an eye out for some announcements about fixes and workarounds.

I’f I hear more Monday I’ll post additional info here then and if i have the info for the fix I’ll try to provide the info.

Be well and thanks to all of you who are working to get us debugged and up & running.

1 Like

Great idea and perfectly summarized. Love it, thanks a lot!