Socket goes missing

6 vCPU Cores
16 GB RAM
400 GB SSD

1 Like

Alex, I have added swap few days ago but now again my producer is falling behind says syncing 97% in glive view and stuck at same number since 24 hours. I have updated latest node version yesterday.

can u share the glive output?

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 8.53.35 AM

hmm do you have free space left on HDD?

type journalctl -e -f -u cardano-node do u see any errors?

I can confirm that I have space around 450 GB free in instance and I can see errors like this
Feb 17 13:49:06 ip-xxx-xx-xx-xx cardano-node[1041]: [ip-172-3:cardano.node.Forge:Error:17993] [2022-02-17 13:49:06.00 UTC] fromList [("val",Object (fromList [("kind",String "TraceNoLedgerView"),("slot",Number 5.3539455e7)])),("credentials",String "Cardano")]

Hmm… can u add only the IOHK nodes inside the topology file and restart the node?

https://hydra.iohk.io/build/12179730/download/1/mainnet-topology.json

Do you mean remove my relay and add IOHK nodes?

Yes, this way u can test if it’s something with the relay

BTW… the relay is 100% synced?

Yes, Relay is 100% synced and doing good.

still on 97%
Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 9.45.28 PM

man, but I see it moved to epoch 318 :)) just wait

It’s now on 320 epoh is it slow?

we are on epoch 321 … soon it should be 100% synced

Experiencing this problem as well. :frowning:

Here’s my gLiveView output. If i understand correctly this is already synced right? db directory has no socket for some reason.

I’m running it on a droplet with 16 GB memory and 320 GB disk.

hi,

what do you mean? Once the node started you should find the socket
which guide did u followed?

The node is 100% synced.

Cheers,

Thanks for the quick response!

I’m wondering because I’m running into this error cardano-cli: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 11>: does not exist (No such file or directory) when i do cardano-cli query tip --mainnet

From my understanding, it’s because I don’t have a “socket” directory inside my “db” directory. (I’m a beginner so i don’t know if this assumption is right though :sweat_smile:)

This is the guide I followed here.

if u used coincashew guide use this and try again

echo export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH="$NODE_HOME/db/socket" >> $HOME/.bashrc
source $HOME/.bashrc

It’s not the Coincashew guide, but it uses the same path for the socket and already contains instructions to put all the environment variables in .bashrc and source it (or just restart).

Is there a socket file in cardano-my-node/db/socket in your home directory and cardano-cli is just unable to find it? Then, something is wrong with the .bashrc.

Or does the socket file not exist at all? Then, look at the script that should have been created in cardano-my-node/startCardanoNode.sh and the systemd service that should have been created in /etc/systemd/system/cardano-node.service. Something must be wrong, there.

Thanks for the help guys! It was very strange, it was fixed after i rebooted my server to encourage it to create socket in the correct directory.

Might be related to this, because something happened earlier where I might have prematurely killed my node off: