Stop the bro culture

Thank you, that’s exactly what I was thinking, but I didn’t dare to write…

Btw its not only off-putting women, I am disgusted as well and I am sure there are many others too.

2 Likes

You two are a hell of a ROFL.

@Adriana1 wants to end a supposed patriarchy, and maybe, instead install a matriarchy? Wouldn’t that be better?!
@robinboening doesn’t even dare to write…; a handful of sand IMHO.

The way I’m watching the roll-out of this stupidity of topic in this forum I’m starting to think that you don’t want the supposed equal rights between male/female BUT the superiority of females!

Get off the senseless-hype-train about “inequalitys” and “minoritys”.

You should have lived in the middle ages! The laugh would be even bigger for me if I saw someone writting that in any paper!

Experience what you will, BUT cut that BULLSHIT in this forum!

Go listen to pussy riot and complain about the “patriarchy” where that “topics” are reserved!

You almost got under my skin with such narrow-sighted crap! xD

2 Likes

I don’t know, bro - you sound hella sensitive & hurt about someone calling you a bro for no reason.
Sounds like yoiu’re projecting, bro

4 Likes

Please discuss in a decent and respectful manner.

You can also disagree with an opinion and still argue decently and respectfully.

Cheers
Fabian

5 Likes

I’m sorry @Zyroxa but this shouldn’t even be allowed to progress as a “topic” to be discussed.

I mean, how off would I be understood if I took to the social networks, or forums of like, topics regarding crypto into groups of w/e they want to call themselves, let it be “feminists”, “equal rights fighters” and so on.

That’s all I’m about, consciousness of what we are doing here.

Dismiss function: [on]

keep on the non-sense “topic”.

2 Likes

We have an opportunity to hear more women speak on this topic, but your response is not welcoming at all. What would be great is for all men to refrain from responding on this topic even when feeling their response is needed. Me and other men that have responded so far should give this topic to those that can speak on it from experience and accept that we cannot argue with experience. If one explains how they experienced something, you cannot say “No, that’s not true.”. We should listen and maybe ask questions, but purely clarifying questions, not opinions in disguise and certainly not opinions on character.

3 Likes

I have an intersex friend who asks that people use the plural personal pronoun “they” when referring to them. This is because, though they present as a female, they are actually born with both male and female reproductive organs. This phenomenon is actually quite common - it is quite probable you would know someone who is intersex - perhaps without knowing it. Though it was difficult and seemingly grammatically incorrect to use the term "they’ for an individual, with a bit of practice it became natural.

It didn’t take that much effort to modify my use of language to accomodate their needs. Surely this can be extended to others if required?

While “bro”, “dude”, and “guys” are not unheard of, where I live we use the word “mate” most commonly. It is used by both males and females and intersex when meeting new acquaintances or catching up with old friends. Perhaps one of the rare examples of the subtleties of the Australian vernacular!

It is great that we are having this conversation, let’s make it a friendly one yeah?

Cheers,
D

3 Likes

Hello @DuracellDeMonaco

Maybe he hasn’t made the best point, maybe he has no point at all… but I don’t think we have a better point if, instead of making him understand his possible mistake, we just offend him. Don’t you think?

Thinking differently does not give us the right to resort to easy offense. Please, let’s debate ideas, but let’s not attack the person who brings them to the table.

Greetings.

You wanted a feminine opinion: call me whatever you want as long as you make me feel respected :wink:

On a more positive note, I’m honestly surprised by the truly great atmosphere prevailing on this forum in general.

Special thanks to @Donnybaseball @Psychomb and @andreassosilo who’ve been a great help so far alongside being genuinely nice.

Cheers!

12 Likes

bruh, don’t be so sensitive pal

3 Likes

If you are making me talk in a certain manner and are “banning” words it does affect me

2 Likes

Please help me understand why I should throw out 30 years of my history developing how I connect with my “Bro’s” in a casual affectionate manner (I have lots of them!)?
Who does it serve?
It won’t serve me, not in any manner, so please explain in-depth with some science as to why anyone should ever give up such a word for a brother, when you get into it you can advance knowing I have many sisters’s that call me “Bro” and I look forward to showing them what you have to say.

P.S.
I am offended you are offended by my choice of words for my loved ones.

7 Likes

Hey Bra! Howzit Bra!

3 Likes

I vote for Brah!

1 Like

You sure your not a liberal brah?

1 Like

Speak (and write) clearly and politely and you gain awesome respect:-)
Think that people of different minds are reading your post. Really read and try to understand before writing a post/reply. Love the community!

3 Likes

oh the next woke one that is offended by something… if people want to call you bro, which i associate with African American gansta slang from the hood. they are telling you more about them , then about you…

I still have problems with the word COOL (kewl). Can we ban that also ? Maybe it’s just because i’m an old geezer… :laughing:

Zen

2 Likes

“I am not talking about this forum in particular, I am just using this platform for a general request. I am more referring to Twitter, Telegram groups, or chats in live streams”

If the “bro culture” is on twitter, leave it there. It’s futile to try and change random people on twitter. There are going to be people who invest in Cardano and say “bro.” Judge them as you wish based on some pronouns they use, I guess. but don’t try to push your image of how you think the cardano community should talk. It is what it is. Everyone is welcome as long as they are respectful.

4 Likes

You can call me sis whenever you want bruh

This thread is pretty hilarious :smiley:

3 Likes

As a woman, I hate the bro thing all over the crypto space. Thanks OP for bringing this up.

3 Likes