[testnet] relay-topology_pull.sh doesnt add my core ip adress to topology

Hi guys,

based on the coincashewguide I set up a 2nd testnet pool. I got 2m ads and so far I also had 5 blocks adopted, but not one of them minted. I found on my core there were no incoming connections so I started to investigate.

I did a basic toplogy setup on my relay just with base configuration, the IP address is fictional but intern/local network:

cat $NODE_HOME/${NODE_CONFIG}-topology.json
 {
    "Producers": [
      {
        "addr": "10.0.0.3",
        "port": 6000,
        "valency": 1
      },
      {
        "addr": "relays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io",
        "port": 3001,
        "valency": 2
      }
    ]
  }

That worked fine: I saw 1 incoming connection on my corenode in glive. But after doing the relay-topology_pull.sh with the following input:

~/cardano-my-node$ cat relay-topology_pull.sh
#!/bin/bash
BLOCKPRODUCING_IP="10.0.0.3"
BLOCKPRODUCING_PORT=6000
curl -s -o /home/USER/cardano-my-node/testnet-topology.json "https://api.clio.one/htopology/v1/fetch/?max=20&magic=1097911063&customPeers=::1|relays-new.cardano-testnet.iohkdev.io:3001:2"

I get several peers into my new topology.json but unfortunately my core ip adress+port is not in it. next, when I restart the relay and have a look at the glive peer analysis, I see a connection to my core node but not with the specified port. its 43989 instead.

no incoming connections on the core node after I pull relay topology. I tried with and without quotation marks already. another thing I worried about: in my topology-updater.sh there is the line:

CNODE_HOSTNAME="CHANGE ME"  # optional. must resolve to the IP you are requesting from

I did not change because it was stated optional. Do I have to? If so, does it need to be core or relay? public ip adress i guess?

Best regards and thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

what is this?

customPeers=::1

should be

customPeers=\${BLOCKPRODUCING_IP}:\${BLOCKPRODUCING_PORT}:1|

and it will use the prameters defined here

BLOCKPRODUCING_IP="10.0.0.3"
BLOCKPRODUCING_PORT=6000

I see a connection to my core node but not with the specified port. its 43989 instead.

Is the incoming connection from BP

The connections is working like:

BP (random port) β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”> Relay (6000 port)
BP (6000 port) <β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Relay (random port)

I did not change because it was stated optional.

U should change it only if u are using DNS

Cheers,

2 Likes

yes you are right Alex, it fixed the problem, tyvm :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome, :beers: