Top staking pools: coin distribution

I added up the numbers on https://adapools.org/groups from Binance down (“Share” column for the percentage, “Count” column for the number of pools).

The calculations are the same as mine, but why did you exclude the first 21.62%?

As we have told you countless times:

The “Single Pool Operators” group – in contrast to all the other groups in the statistics of Adapools – is not one entity controlling all these pools. They are 2200+ pools that all operate individually. They were just lumped into one group by Adapools for this effing statistics.

2 Likes

As I have told you many times, I do not understand why. If you think it is wrong, you (the Cardano community) should correct it because it is very misleading.

I sense the frustration levels of @Neo_Spank and @HeptaSean increasing.

I will have a go.

Adapools has grouped together 2252 individual operators and labelled them as “Single Pool Operators”. These are 2252 individual pools operated individually by single operators. This is a collection of single pool operators. These are the most decentralised, independently managed, stake pool operators in the entire Cardano network. These guys are the polar opposite of Binance which is a single entity controlling 62 stake pools.

Understand that Adapools may have labelled them as a group but they do not work together as a group nor are they controlled as a group. Instead they are 2252 separate entities operating independently.

For example, my pool is included in that group of “Single Pool Operators” and I have nothing to do with any of the other 2251 pool operators in that group. I don’t even know them. Furthermore, these single pool operators are dispersed across the entire globe.

2 Likes

Thank you for your efforts.
I am still trying to understand what is the importance/power of the Single Pool Operators. At the moment, Cardano has not on-chain governance as according to the roadmap it should be added by the final Voltaire update.
However, in the case of PoW the voting power is proportional to the hash power, while in the case of PoS to the stake power or the validator count.
In the case of Cardano how important in on-chain voting would Single Pool Operators be? Could each member vote independently?

As I understand, when Voltaire is rolled-out and on-chain voting is fully functional, this voting will happen at the individual user level. IE. If you hold Ada then you can vote. This voting won’t depend on where you have staked your Ada.