Transaction fails UtxoFailure ValueNotConservedUTxO

Hi there!

I’m trying to change the poolMetaData information and I’m getting this error when trying to send the transaction:

Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraAlonzo (ApplyTxError [UtxowFailure (WrappedShelleyEraFailure (UtxoFailure (ValueNotConservedUTxO (Value 16263944 (fromList )) (Value 516263944 (fromList )))))])

I was reading some topics about this but I can’t understand was going on. I’m using the coincash guide ‘‘Updating Stake Pool Information’’ part.

When I query:
cardano-cli query utxo \

–address $(cat payment.addr)
–mainnet

Here is the result-

TxHash TxIx Amount

0efd7ad4d7aaa42ea3d63d078b3a02052b900a07cd4df5d7edd830e30a9a50aa 0 16263944 lovelace + TxOutDatumNone

Hope anyone can help me please! :slightly_smiling_face:

If you are using coin-cashew it should work if you follow all the steps correctly. If you correctly identify and reference the utxo it should hopefully work if there is enough ADA and you have correctly looked up the current network fee (the math balances). You could try using cardano-cli transaction build instead of build-raw as it simplifies things a lot. Use cardano-cli transaction --help for more details on options. Simple examples below.

cardano-cli transaction build
–tx-in << utxo >>#<< index >>
–change-addres $(cat payment.addr)
–certificate-file pool.cert
–certificate-file deleg.cert
–out-file tx.raw
–mainnet

This tx below takes a utxo from the payment address and splits it into 3 new utxos at the same address. If d5…f#0 contained 5 ADA the 3 new utxos would have 1.8ADA, 1.8, ADA and (1.4 - fee) ADA. Transaction build takes some of the utxo balancing and manual fee lookup complexity away for you by sending the leftover ADA - fee to the change address.

cardano-cli transaction build
–tx-in d5…f#0
–tx-out $(cat payment.addr)+1800000
–tx-out $(cat payment.addr)+1800000
–change-address $(cat payment.addr)
–out-file txsplit.raw
–mainnet

1 Like