Transaction submit failures

Ok getting somewhere mimimum lovelace now so I will try again all for wallets

/Applications/Daedalus\ Testnet.app/Contents/MacOS/cardano-cli transaction build
–testnet-magic 1097911063
–alonzo-era
–tx-in $txhash#$txix \
–tx-out $targetaddr1+$output1+$amount1\ $policyid.$tokenname \
–change-address addr_test1vpdg2dd8x93q3yg20jpa30vm807xzxqj3q76cqzuyup2u3gk3zkh5
–mint $amount\ $policyid.$tokenname
–minting-script-file policy.script
–witness-override 2
–out-file matx.raw
Command failed: transaction build Error: Minimum UTxO threshold not met for tx output: addr_test1qz98lxanjwa9reshw92jqdx5724v8nmqlnwc20trzeupy6sr2fvhhn6msf5xkhgg87exqsruz99cyxduwcn5at4s6nrs7kmmpp + 4750000 80d9b32ae2b30e62bbc5234e7cf90f1dd4190fa3b682ed01f6f80115.Vilvi
Minimum required UTxO: Lovelace 1344798

Looks like every time I do multiple --tx-out it fails
command not found: --tx-out

zsh: command not found: --tx-out

Maybe I will just have to do to one wallet I can do some checking of the --tx-out on this forum maybe unless its do with Shell and the \

Couldn’t find much on - - tx - out on forum maybe I will search it

When it says command not found, you were most certainly not doing the line continuation escaping right. The backslash has to be immediately before the newline. There may not be a space after it or something like that.

Great thanks

New error

Invalid argument ` 80d9b32ae2b30e62bbc5234e7cf90f1dd4190fa3b682ed01f6f80115.Vilvi’

probably this line

–tx-out $targetaddr4+$output4+$amount4\ $policyid.$tokenname \ $policyid.$tokenname \

Oh yeah duplicates !

1 Like

Almost there I got a small error

/Applications/Daedalus\ Testnet.app/Contents/MacOS/cardano-cli transaction build
–testnet-magic 1097911063
–alonzo-era
–tx-in $txhash#$txix \
–tx-out $targetaddr1+$output1+$amount1
–tx-out $targetaddr1+$output2+$amount2
–tx-out $targetaddr1+$output3+$amount3
–tx-out $targetaddr1+$output4+$amount4\ $policyid.$tokenname \
–change-address addr_test1vpdg2dd8x93q3yg20jpa30vm807xzxqj3q76cqzuyup2u3gk3zkh5
–mint $amount\ $policyid.$tokenname
–minting-script-file policy.script
–witness-override 2
–out-file matx.raw

Invalid argument ` ’

This editor is autocorrecting
Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 23.44.34

Not if you do it in a code block in triple ```.

--testnet-magic 1097911063 \
--alonzo-era \
--tx-in $txhash#$txix \                                                             
--tx-out $targetaddr1+$output1+$amount1 \
--tx-out $targetaddr1+$output2+$amount2 \
--tx-out $targetaddr1+$output3+$amount3 \
--tx-out $targetaddr1+$output4+$amount4\ $policyid.$tokenname \                 
--change-address addr_test1vpdg2dd8x93q3yg20jpa30vm807xzxqj3q76cqzuyup2u3gk3zkh5 \
--mint $amount\ $policyid.$tokenname \
--minting-script-file policy.script \
--witness-override 2 \
--out-file matx.raw

Your --tx-outs still look wrong, you had them right before, and we had this topic before:

Important: No space between the amounts and the backslashes!

Also important: All of them get the policy id/tokenname. You want all of them to send your token, not ADA.

EDIT: If you find it more convenient, you can also do:

–tx-out "$targetaddr1+$output1+$amount1 $policyid.$tokenname" \
–tx-out "$targetaddr2+$output2+$amount2 $policyid.$tokenname" \
–tx-out "$targetaddr3+$output3+$amount3 $policyid.$tokenname" \
–tx-out "$targetaddr4+$output4+$amount4 $policyid.$tokenname" \
–tx-out "$targetaddr5+$output5+$amount5 $policyid.$tokenname" \
–tx-out "$targetaddr6+$output6+$amount6 $policyid.$tokenname" \
–tx-out "$targetaddr7+$output7+$amount7 $policyid.$tokenname" \
–tx-out "$targetaddr8+$output8+$amount8 $policyid.$tokenname" \

Has the same effect: The space between amount and policy id is not interpreted by the shell as separation of arguments, but is given to cardano-cli as part of one argument to the parameter --tx-out.

EDIT 2: And good night! It’s 1 AM, here.

ok thanks for staying with me its been a long time good night ,I hope to continue in the morning after I try what you suggest one more time

This command worked thanks I just need to remember how to balance the outputs now there is 4
Command failed: transaction build Error: Non-Ada assets are unbalanced: 994429215 lovelace + -175750000 80d9b32ae2b30e62bbc5234e7cf90f1dd4190fa3b682ed01f6f80115.Vilvi

1 Like

It seemed to come down to policy.script syntax, I rebuilt everything and submitted successfully to Testnet with the bare minimum policy.script it would not accept the syntax for time locking so its almost vanilla just keyhash this isn’t what I need for Mainnet minting.

Anyway heres the Cardanoscan

https://explorer.cardano-testnet.iohkdev.io/en/transaction?id=e9d44fd8801d8c8911273b5d01515bff9c4f8ab428a67b4831919adfe0b8d494

I have been building the mainnet minting transaction for so many hours it fails.
Its not particularly clear on any forums I did some IT trouble-shooting and search on non google browsers. Eventually I came up with this

If you have ANY additional json in policy.script It will fail transaction build UNLESS it has this
'–invalid-hereafter $slotnumber

More searching I found an explanation on github – Forget the Man page

Building and signing transactions

Transactions vary in complexity, depending on their intended outcomes, but all transactions share a number of attributes:

• Input - contains funds that are spent by the transaction. It is simply the output of an earlier transaction. A transaction can have multiple inputs.
  • Output - determine where the funds go to. An output is given by a payment address and an amount. A transaction can have multiple outputs.
  • Payment address - an address that can receive payments, This is the only type of addresses that can be specified in a transaction output.
  • Payment and stake key pairs - sets of files containing a public verification key and a private signing key.
  • Invalid-before - The slot that the transaction is valid from. This can only be specified in the Allegra era and onwards.
  • Invalid-hereafter - represents a slot, or deadline by which a transaction must be submitted. This is an absolute slot number, rather than a relative one, which means that the --invalid-hereafter value should be greater than the current slot number. A transaction becomes invalid at the invalid-hereafter slot.
  • Era - Transactions can differ between the eras (e.g have new features such as multi-assets) so we must specify the era we are currently in.

To create a transaction in the shelley era we need to follow this process:

• Get the protocol parameters
  • Draft the transaction
  • Calculate the fee
  • Define the validity interval for the transaction
  • Build the transaction
  • Sign the transaction
  • Submit the transaction

Am still getting errors

Error: The “–mint” flag specifies an asset with a policy Id, but no corresponding monetary policy script has been provided as a witness

My Policy is validated on Pool.pm when I paste in the JSON

So my options here and now unless someone can help is mint with no time lock on the policy seems a bit strange that it only works if the policy script has only the sig and keyhash values.

We had this before:

If you have changed the policy script, it is also a changed policy id. The latter is a hash of the former. Everytime you change the file, you have to redo

policyid=$(cardano-cli transaction policyid --script-file policy.script)

or whatever the equivalent step in your process is.

Hi

Earlier I did run this command
policyid=$(/Applications/Daedalus\ Testnet.app/Contents/MacOS/cardano-cli transaction policyid --script-file policy.script)

then

echo £policyid

Then

added $policyid to metadate.json like so

‘’’{
“721”: {
“01bb0de9fbcddf3dbd5db8fe48805070b7daa7d105d472d39e4634d9”: {

Have I missed anything else ?

‘’’{
“type”: “all”,
“scripts”:[
{
“slot”: 51927159,
“type”: “before”
},
{“type”: “sig”,
“keyHash”: “d719186a3e10e981eac2fab9873b19b4df15f49d3b92f033553b056f”
}
]
}
‘’’

This is my policy.script and it will not build even with

–invalid-hereafter 50827159 \

1 Like

BTW I made a whole new folder just for this mint and started everything again since I was then sure it was all new