Upcoming Mary HF

Just making sure I’m prepared; I have upgraded my pools to 1.25.1 a week or so ago. They’ve already processed blocks on that version for a few epochs now.

I saw someone on a telegram channel post about providing a --mary switch to make sure that the bp node is “ready”. I have been searching more and more for this and haven’t come up with anything. I’m just trying to make sure that I’m not missing something in my startup script. If anyone knows about this switch, if you could provide a link to where I could read more, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

I know that there is no configuration change needed (only update to 1.25.1); perhaps some scripts should be updated to Mary era:

For example:

cardano-cli query protocol-parameters
–mainnet
–allegra-era
–out-file params.json

• allegra-era should be replaced with mary-era

Cheers,

1 Like

Hello,

the allegra-era / mary-era parameter is also used in the stake pool course.
What is the best way to update the documentation? Create a pull request with updated files?

BR,
Matthias

I am using the guild scripts to manage everything. I just tried a quick cardano-cli query with --mary-era and it said there is a ledger mismatch. (Paraphrasing) the current ledger era is Allegra.
Does this mean that the hard fork will occur and the ledger should then be in the mary era? And if that’s so, I think the guild scripts have a check for the era and will set to mary accordingly when I restart?

I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. Thank you.

For the moment we are in allegra era and the subcommand mary should not work… wait for the hardfork, I’m sure u will not have any issues; perhaps few scripts which should be updated (after the hard fork).

Cheers,

After digging through the guild scripts, that’s what I was hoping would be the case. Thanks for the reply!