Updating pool certificate

Hi all.
I just update pool’s certificate to change some config and done it. I read a guide on Coinsew and it say: Changes take effect in two epochs. Who can confirm it for me ? And, How long does it take to update a new certificate from the previous update time ?
Thank for reading. Sorry about bad English

hi

you should see the updates in few minutes… only if you will change the pledge (increase/decrease) will take in action in 2 epochs

cheers,

Thanks you,
After update in few hour, i see some wrong config and i want to update new cert. Can i do it ?
I tried it but in step : cardano-cli transaction submit --tx-file tx.signed --mainnet.
Output is: Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError

yes, you can update the certificate anytime… I don’t know about the error… just try to repeat the steps from coincashew guide

What you are referring to is changing the pool’s parameters on the blockchain (e.g. pledge or relays). Changes like relay addresses, ports, descriptions take effect immediately. Other updates take effect after reminder of current epoch + next epoch (i.e., beginning of current_epoch + 2). This means you can time your updates so they are at the end of the current epoch. Then, you need to wait only one epoch for changes to take effect. You can see the updates on any block explorer, e.g. CardanoScan shows the updates in the “Pool Updates” tab.

To be clear, “certificate” usually refers to the operational certificate, which the BP node needs to sign blocks. You need to renew the certificate every 3 months. This is not something you can check with a block explorer. Instead, you can check the remaining validity of your certificate using gLiveView.sh. It is measured in KES periods, which roughly correspond to days.

For both aspects, you can use scripts that simplify these operations. For example:

Thanks you.
I just check and it just updated new certificate. Now, i want to change pool-margin parameter, so i tried to update new certificate but when i resubmit, i have error:

cardano-cli transaction submit
–tx-file tx.signed
–mainnet
Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraAlonzo (ApplyTxError [UtxowFailure (WrappedShelleyEraFailure (UtxoFailure (ValueNotConservedUTxO (Value 16718557 (fromList )) (Value 17114415 (fromList )))))])

You can give me some advices to fix this solution ? Thanks you very much

You have some error in your calculation of the ADA output of the transaction. ValueNotConservedUTxO means that the sum of all --tx-ins is not equal to the sum of all --tx-outs plus --fee.

Do you use build or build-raw? How do you calculate how much is going in the --tx-outs?

This is my step to build raw for submit new certificate

cardano-cli transaction build-raw
${tx_in}
–tx-out $(cat payment.addr)+${total_balance}
–invalid-hereafter $(( ${currentSlot} + 10000))
–fee 0
–certificate-file pool-registration.cert
–certificate-file delegation.cert
–out-file tx.tmp
cardano-cli transaction build-raw
${tx_in}
–tx-out $(cat payment.addr)+${txOut}
–invalid-hereafter $(( ${currentSlot} + 10000))
–fee ${fee}
–certificate-file pool-registration.cert
–certificate-file delegation.cert
–out-file tx.raw
fee= 197929
Balance = 16718557

I’am new and i don’t know calcullate
Can u explain it for me ? Thanks you so much

Did u check this guide?

https://www.coincashew.com/coins/overview-ada/guide-how-to-build-a-haskell-stakepool-node/18.-operational-and-maintenance-tips

18.4 Changing the pledge, fee, margin, etc.

1 Like

yes, i follow this guide but still error. So sad

6 days ago, i follow this guide and done to submit new BP certificate , But now, i can’t, i don’t know why to fix this, i tried some guide but it’s not working for me.

If u check ur payment address on cardanoscan.io what is the total balance?

16.718557 ADA bro

ok, and do you have another assets?

I don’t have another

then follow the coincashew guide step by step (STEP 18.4) and it should work

BTW the node is 100% synced right?

yes,i check log and it synced. I will try again. I hope it can work.
Thanks you

1 Like

Thanks to all, I resolved my problem and got so many infomation from forum’s member.

1 Like