Upgrading Node and DB Sync - Not a stake pool operator

I am currently running a local 1.35.0 node for the sole purpose of using cardano-db-sync. I’m running db-sync 12.0.2.

I have upgraded my node and db-sync in the past, but it seems I always struggle finding the right documentation for this purpose. I usually get through it, but I tend make a mess before I get everything straightened out. I have been using nix for the installation.

Is there some upgrade instructions for someone like myself who is not a stake pool operator?

Hi, there are some guides available on the forum:

CoinCashew:

CNTOOLS:

https://forum.cardano.org/t/script-for-cardano-node-software-upgrade-cntools-users/91065

Thanks but it appears these are for intended for CoinCashew Users and CNTOOLS users? I am not a user of either one.

I installed the node using nix here: cardano-node/building-the-node-using-nix.md at master · input-output-hk/cardano-node · GitHub

And cardano-db-sync here: cardano-db-sync/building-running.md at master · input-output-hk/cardano-db-sync · GitHub

I am looking for documentation to upgrade both the node and db-sync.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with Nix, but one option would be to backup your required configuration files and perform a new installation of both cardano-node & db-sync:

1. Backup your configuration files
  2. Remove current installation (cardano-node & db-sync)
  3. Perform a new installation
  4. Restore the backup

Note: You can also backup node’s db to save some time with sync.

1 Like

Yea that’s pretty much what I have done in the past. I usually clone my drive first and then try to reinstall everything. I was just hoping there was a better way.