Stakepool MESH I am operating has performance graph similar to bitcoin price over time. I have series of epochs that are far above 100% and some that are below 100%.
I operate on dedicated CPU vm’s on Linode that has 16GB ram for producer and 8 & 16 GB ram for 2 relays.
I am putting these words here because I love when everything goes smooth, putting my heart to this thing and have bad time when something goes wrong.
What I did so far that was unsuccessfully to bring my pool to work fully smoothly:
- ugraded from shared to dedicated CPUs
- keep KES keys rotated every couple of epochs
- no swap
- having nice number of relays in my topology that are checked are working
- I am always up to date with cardano-node, now at 1.27.0 with Memtrace off
- logs looks solid too, no nasty errors nor warnings
Average CPU usage in my producer is around 0.03 %, bit higher in relays.
I miss around 4-20 slots every 24 hours.
I do not use cntools this time.
What did you do to improve performance of your nodes?