Wallet Download Stuck

Hello, I’m new to cardano and recently purchased new gaming laptop. I decided to get the Deadalus Wallet app and install it on my new Laptop but after i close the program i have to re-download the entire blockchain. It says it should take about an hour but its been taking a whole day to 2 days to download and sometimes it wont even download unless i delete the wallet and chain folders.

I guess my question is am i doing something wrong? is my laptop not good enough for the wallet?
any help would be much appreciated!

Make sure you are meeting the system requirements.

i close the program i have to re-download the entire blockchain.

It should be downloading the entire blockchain each time, unless Daedalus is not shutdown cleanly.

It says it should take about an hour but its been taking a whole day to 2 days to download

Not sure where the “an hour” comes from. That is possibly old information. I would guess at 4-6 hours.

Ok thx, My laptop says 8Gb ram, but when it does downloads deadalus and it shows my PC stats it’s only showing 7.7 Gb. Could that be part of the problem? All the other specs meet or exceed the requirements.

Also I believe it shouldn’t be taking an entire day to 2 days to download. I have 30 days to return my laptop so I’ll probably end up getting a higher end one or pc.

Hello, well i have solved the problem with my laptop and it downloading taking 2 days, my internet was messing up so i called my provider to come fix it. Now my downloads are anywhere from 4 to 6 hour.
I still cant figure out why after i close the the wallet it wont boot download unless i delete my wallet and chain folders. Then i have to recover my wallet which i do all the time but i shouldn’t have to do that. Any one have any thoughts on this issue?

Update: now it seems to have downloaded on its own while i just let it sit there when it was trying to connect, hopefully that wont happen all the time !!

Ok, first problem solved.

I still cant figure out why after i close the the wallet it wont boot download unless i delete my wallet and chain folders. Then i have to recover my wallet which i do all the time but i shouldn’t have to do that.

Correct, you should not have to do that. Something is definitely wrong there. What OS are you on? How are you closing the wallet? Are you waiting until the wallet fully closes before shutting down the machine? If you only have 8G of RAM, that may not be sufficient.

I’m running windows 10, but I believe so.ethi g must of auto correct maybe ? Because now I dont have to download anymore and it takes 15 to 25 mins to load up the program.

I suspect it had something to do with what the Internet provider did an there end because everything working now. Anyway thanks for the help!